Big brake set up ??

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Hi

Next month I'm getting rid of my DPF so with power increase I have to think about stopping power as well what is best option to go for with brakes ??
Do set from r32 or cupra or s3 will work well with some adaptors on my car or is just plug and play job ??

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Should just be plug n play. They do fit under some 17's but not many, so you might also want to be running on 18's.

Fish

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I ran 2.5 years with DPF Delete and a proven 230bhp with the 312mm brakes

The 345mm Cupra set up is excellent and will provide more than enough braking power for every day use (my Cupra R 265 has these as standard)

If your just going dpf delete then the standard breaks are more than capable. They are what's on the 1.8t cupra which I's not a town car either. If you want better stopping power they maybe vented discs or uprated pads would be enough. Unless you have a huge budget then go for bigger breaks if you plan on seeking more power or going to track days. If not I wouldn't bother myself.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i agree i kept my 312's on my and im a really heavy breaker

The 345's are very sharp and aren't nice for town driving

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
If your just going dpf delete then the standard breaks are more than capable. They are what's on the 1.8t cupra which I's not a town car either. If you want better stopping power they maybe vented discs or uprated pads would be enough. Unless you have a huge budget then go for bigger breaks if you plan on seeking more power or going to track days. If not I wouldn't bother myself.

+1, I've found that uprated 312mm discs/pads are good for a remapped derv. Big brake kits do look the dogs danglies and yes they improve the braking a whole heap as well but if you're worried about safety just change the pads.

if ya doing track days you may want to upgrade the hoses and fluid as well

Last edited:

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
I always upgrade brakes together with power increase faster car simply need better braking power ...

I found a set from porsche 996 and I thinking about it now 330mm 4 pot brakes should give me some braking power lol

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I always upgrade brakes together with power increase faster car simply need better braking power ...

in this case they dont though, the 312mm brakes are used on a range of cars, The LEON FR Petrol runs 312mm brakes and has around 200bhp

A FR TDI with DPF Delete is only going to be running around 210 so they dont need bigger brakes, just uprated fluid and pads etc

if he wants to upgrade though the cupra 345mm is going to provide more than enough power

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
from experience I know there is no need for upgraded fluid unless You do some track days as in city driving You have no chance to boil fluid

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
bff426c6.jpg

I notice small difference in brake set up as on this picture I can see additional part just next to K&W sign what it exactly is ??

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Thats just the old caliper pushed to the side i think.

Some people uprate the brakes and suspension without any engine mods.
The extra confidence and driving pleasure great brakes can give is enormous, remapped Derv or big horsepower petrol.

I had the 312,s on my old leon and upgraded to the 345's. The difference is amazing.

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
Hey Andrew, what fluid did you use and what tool did you use to run the fluid through?
Eziebleed?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Thats just the old caliper pushed to the side i think.

Some people uprate the brakes and suspension without any engine mods.
The extra confidence and driving pleasure great brakes can give is enormous, remapped Derv or big horsepower petrol.

I had the 312,s on my old leon and upgraded to the 345's. The difference is amazing.

This is what I though in first place after seeing bleeding nipple downwards ...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.