My DIY stealth sub box

hainez

from VW to Seat...
Apr 10, 2012
hemel hempstead M1 jct8
instead of hiding your amp why dont you build another stealth box on the opersite side and if you put a perspex window in it you can mount the amp upside down with the cover off and light the whole lot up with leds... this will light up all the insides of the amp... just another option for you to consider... remember if you build your box to your spec with the right amount of volume, and then you screw your amp in your amp will reduce the amount of volume left in the box...

powermad

Another thing to consider with the amp being hidden inside the sub box, the vibrations from the sub could rip it apart. Had a friend who built a huge boot build and the single 15" woofer in it destroyed all the other speakers!

Just a thought.

hainez

from VW to Seat...
Apr 10, 2012
hemel hempstead M1 jct8
i just dont see why you would want to put the amp in the sub box and make the baffle plate removeable...

1- the box will be more prone to air leaks, i know you said you was going to use a seal of some kind but this is not a guarantee seal...

2- your gonna see all the screws from the front and look like a half job

3- it will be a bit of a pain if you need to adjust amp

4- could also cause the amp to over heat with the heat from the amp and also the hard working sub

but its up to you at the end of the day, its your car you do how you want... lol... just keep the updates coming

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
instead of hiding your amp why dont you build another stealth box on the opersite side and if you put a perspex window in it you can mount the amp upside down with the cover off and light the whole lot up with leds... this will light up all the insides of the amp... just another option for you to consider... remember if you build your box to your spec with the right amount of volume, and then you screw your amp in your amp will reduce the amount of volume left in the box...

:think: :doh: :clap: :worship:
good idea but it will take up more boot space, and its more effort.
i might have to do some measuring when this bloody rain stops

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
Its been hectic this week but i finally did some more work on the box today.

330b54f8.jpg

d4f3f3d3.jpg

ad75f343.jpg

ef77218d.jpg

2e9bba12.jpg

12250292.jpg

2e0ab4da.jpg

10d5b3c9.jpg

50b1631c.jpg

31a417c4.jpg

And I hope to get some more done tomorrow and have it finished over the long weekend

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
now I would use fleece / felt fabric which I would resin to the Fibreglass section and then would be easy to stretch onto the MDF and resin to complete the box.

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
well i now know the box is sturdy, i was laying on the floor kicking the bloody thing trying to un-stick it from the floor, managed to get a spade under one corner and pries it up,
b5377d7e.jpg

taking concrete some floor with it
68c7a4c1.jpg

removed all the overhanging cloth
20f17518.jpg

and trial fitted it (ignore the mess in the boot)
cc6c9a84.jpg

21fc7665.jpg

96e68906.jpg

ee768f4e.jpg

5af099c1.jpg

and learned to to leave it touching the floor
55ef5abf.jpg

now i need to get some more gloves and glass the wood parts inside the box, then sand it all down, then cut a hole to mount the external speaker terminals, then paint it all..............

then clean up the mess in the gf's parents garage (somehow) before they see it :cry:

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
did a bit more to it on Saturday
mat and fiberglass to hold the insides together
a17902b6.jpg

f00781f7.jpg

d409e08e.jpg

today was some more mat and fiberglass inside
1423c53d.jpg

2f3ea40e.jpg

a4e353a6.jpg

sprayed it a bit black
c9a7411b.jpg

d3f2c942.jpg

fitted the speaker terminals and sub
ef3ab99d.jpg

ee32161a.jpg

gave it a test on the GFs amp (as hers is wired already)

then put it in my boot and found out it didnt work :think:, then after checking all the cables 2wice i realised i didnt put the in line fuse in yet :whistle: :doh:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise