2011 cupra TFSI or TSI ?? for big turbo order

mrbdrm

Hi
i cant find a good answer :(
the reason i want to know is i want to get a big turbo and i was soooo close to press order on KMD site the atp GT3071 kit but after i read about it it doesnt fit TSI :(
i really wish my car is FSI now , if its not then my only option is APR 6k$ :cry:
my car is a cupra 240 hp 2011 .
some guide is welcome & i tryed to search with no luck .

mrbdrm

i now know i have posted in the wrong section can you please move it to the right one ?
thank you

mrbdrm

is this info correct ?
=================================
BWJ
177 kilowatts (241 PS; 237 bhp) @ 6,000 rpm; 300 newton metres (221 ft·lbf) @ 2,200-5,500 rpm — SEAT León Cupra, SEAT León Cupra Mk2 facelift
=================================
if my ingine code is BWJ then its TFSI and i have many option to go big turbo ? am i right ?

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Mrbdrm,

Your engine definately is a BWJ TFSI mate and you have a wide range of big turbo kits available to you. The GT3071 kit would fit perfectly, just wish I could afford it for mine :(

mrbdrm

thats what i hear but thats what i got after lifting the boot
dsc0034vj.jpg

no turbo kit for me then

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

There's a fully built 600hp gtx30 bush work of art manifold engine for sale for around 6k

mrbdrm

thank you , so do we all agree that my engine is not TFSI ?
if i cant get a gt30 in my car for less than 6k $ i will build a big block chevy , its cheaper than this & have more power for sure .

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
thank you , so do we all agree that my engine is not TFSI ?
if i cant get a gt30 in my car for less than 6k $ i will build a big block chevy , its cheaper than this & have more power for sure .

As far as I am aware (mine is a late 2010 cupra with a CDLC engine code) the engines are exactly the same as the previous ones with SEAT re-badging it as a TSI rather than a TFSI, but it is still the same engine.

mrbdrm

i have send 2 emails to revo asking them about the stage 3 does it fit my car and untill now no reply
god i hope its TFSI .

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
They dont make TSI with the K04, which is a shame as the TSI is much better.

Last edited:

mrbdrm

as far as i know TSI is on the new golf , right ?
why the hell seat say its TSI ? that is really confusing .
you see the problem is im not near revo or KMD so i have to be sure when i place my order , shipping to my place is really high in cost .

mrbdrm

They dont make TFSI with the K04, which is a shame as the TSI is much better.
cupra is a K04 , i dont understand what you have said :confused:
you mean they dont make k04 with TSI ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah thats what he means.
pretty sure you can tell off the intake for your car as tfsi has the air filter in the engine cover and tsi doesn't.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah the tfsi has the air filter in the engine cover on cupra 100% as above Seat called the cupra r a tsi but they are all tfsi.
People have bought intakes to suit a tsi thinking thats what they had but later found they wouldn't fit as they were tfsi.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise