What to get next after my Leon Cupra?

Ryan20

Sep 28, 2009
Hampshire
Hi all

Just wanted some advice on what to get next after my Leon Cupra face/lifted model?

At the moment i've had her Revo'd Stage 1, ITG Induction kit fitted, H&R Springs and a tailgate spoiler fitted but this is my 2nd leon in about 3-3 half years and now starting to get bored of her

Looked at Focus RS500's, Evo X, Subaru STi's, M3's, RS4's and now Golf R's but nothing seem's to say yes that's the one any advice on this is most welcome

Cheer's Ryan

Lee M

Tough choice Ryan. I've always wondered what next. I'd love an rs4 just to have owned a v8, but a bitch to run id imagine. Evo would be nice, not sure on a scooby, not as good as they used to be either. The cupra IMO is a hard one to top without spending a fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Tough choice Ryan. I've always wondered what next. I'd love an rs4 just to have owned a v8, but a bitch to run id imagine. Evo would be nice, not sure on a scooby, not as good as they used to be either. The cupra IMO is a hard one to top without spending a fortune.

The new wrx sti is good but with a bit of modding would be amazing.
Iv had a old scoob just sold it acually and the leon fwd is just weird to me. Wheel spin.... lol fun tho. Will be great fun test driving all those cars lol :) I'm very jealous.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Ryan20

Sep 28, 2009
Hampshire

Yeh know what you mean about the RS4 souund:drool: same with the M3 but the MPG from them are the down fail's with them

Ryan20

Sep 28, 2009
Hampshire
The new wrx sti is good but with a bit of modding would be amazing.
Iv had a old scoob just sold it acually and the leon fwd is just weird to me. Wheel spin.... lol fun tho. Will be great fun test driving all those cars lol :) I'm very jealous.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

hahahahahah yeh will be fun just have to see what happen's

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Hi mate, you stage 2+ yet?

Not yet mate, exhaust gets donme next week-end then will order up some engine mounts before getting the map done as don't fancy replacing my DP. So a while yet but not too long I hope lol.

Lee M

Not yet mate, exhaust gets donme next week-end then will order up some engine mounts before getting the map done as don't fancy replacing my DP. So a while yet but not too long I hope lol.

Nearly there then! I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Have there been problems with dp damage on stg2+? I'm soon to have my system changed for a TBE in the next week or so.

Out of that list the Evo X eg a 360 seems the best value. You can find 2 year old ones (with warranty left) for around £20k....I would have thought the others (apart from the STI) would cost a fair bit more for a similarly aged car. They are a great drive out of the box and 400bhp is achievable easily and cheaply.

However it depends what your priorities are in choosing a car and the only real way to tell which one of those ticks all the boxes for you is to test drive as many as possible....might be difficult though with some of them.

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Im thinking of selling my leon
Tempted to get either a Cupra R/ R32 or a Golf R

As much as i want the R, u just cant beat the R32 noise :D

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Nearly there then! I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Have there been problems with dp damage on stg2+? I'm soon to have my system changed for a TBE in the next week or so.

I have heard if you don't do mounts you can crack the DP due to excessive engine movement. I know a guy who had to replace his DP 3 times because of that till he switched out mounts and never had the issue again.

tommy918

Mar 4, 2011
North London
im starting to get itchy feet already with my cupra r and have pretty much narrowed down cars to the same list you have but also considering a vxr8 just for the sound it makes.rs4 is very high on my list as well really need to get some test drives

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.