Valentine 1 query

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
Hi,

I am not sure if anyone on here uses a Valentine 1 radar detector, but I was looking at upgrading my current version to a units with a software version of 3.890 or higher. Plus, I wanted to fit the new SAVVY option to stop false alerts below certain speeds.

So, does anyone have either of these units and can they confirm if these upgrades / additions are worth paying for. Also, can the SAVVY be plugged into the diagnostic port on a MK 4 Ibiza whilst allowing the tray to be fitted and closed fully?

b0fab03e-f895-f79b.jpg

Cheers.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Hi,

I am not sure if anyone on here uses a Valentine 1 radar detector, but I was looking at upgrading my current version to a units with a software version of 3.890 or higher. Plus, I wanted to fit the new SAVVY option to stop false alerts below certain speeds.

So, does anyone have either of these units and can they confirm if these upgrades / additions are worth paying for. Also, can the SAVVY be plugged into the diagnostic port on a MK 4 Ibiza whilst allowing the tray to be fitted and closed fully?

b0fab03e-f895-f79b.jpg

Cheers.

Great unit but I'm sorry to say very outdated now. . .

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Outdated?

I'm still running the one that I bought about 15 years ago and she's still going strong - no points and loads of giggles!!!

So what would you recommend as a better unit then?

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
I know the unit has been upgraded, extra features and better performance but I still don't know of anything better on the market. I generally use the V1 with a TomTom Go Live 1000, so that has all GPS locations.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Outdated?

I'm still running the one that I bought about 15 years ago and she's still going strong - no points and loads of giggles!!!

So what would you recommend as a better unit then?

Not many forces use radar anymore, and the V1 was mainly for radar, I think some later versions detected laser, but if they did it was to late, as with all laser detectors.

As for a better unit well, who really knows, depends on your budget I guess, Novus Rider is excellent value, Road Angel's get some good reviews, I've got the Pogo Alert+ which I can't fault, and I'm told has the most up to date locations within it's database.

If you wanted you could fit a certain parking sensor which may just interfere with certain lasser's. . .

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
The only trouble with the garage door route is the possibility that I forget to turn it off and I get banned and a £1,500 plus fine. The V1 at least picks up rear facing cameras and lasers.

I may look into thing again then but I'm not a fan of road Angels etc as they only do GPS sites and not the horse box traps they like to use. Lol!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.