Tfsi Mikes Money Pit - MkII Cupra: HEATED WINDSCREEN COMING UP! :)

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Mike,

Where'd you get your stubby aerial from? Do you have a link? or was it from a dealer?

Thanks

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
ayup mate, you probably wont remember me but i was one of the remes in 77 at 35 a few years ago ;) started reading your thread and recognised your motor straight away! not long had my own leon, although it is a lowly FR 170PD :( still cracking car and nice mpg return... its a small world how are you? dont think i can PM yet :(

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
ayup mate, you probably wont remember me but i was one of the remes in 77 at 35 a few years ago ;) started reading your thread and recognised your motor straight away! not long had my own leon, although it is a lowly FR 170PD :( still cracking car and nice mpg return... its a small world how are you? dont think i can PM yet :(

Nout wrong with the PD170 just expect problems :cartman: nah it will be fine

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Its a citreon C2 ariel from citreon for £4

Thanks Mike, I thought I'd seen you post that it was a sh1trun aerial, but when I rang the dealer and asked, he simply laughed and said "No idea where you've heard that" :(:confused:

Do they have them online anywhere? If so I'll order one and wait for it :)

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)

Would surely recognise you by face. Was in 77 xmas 2007 - Dec 2011.

Ben 'Buzz123' has a Leon Cupra & is Reme on Barker barracks, possibly with Pdubs.

the car has come on a long way since you wouldve seen in it paderborn! Have 2 threads and is epic trying to keep 2 up to date lol

Mostly up to date over here Tfsi Mikes APR St2+ Money Pit

Enjoy ya tax free parts, servicing & Vpower ya git, I miss it!! :(

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Thanks Mike, I thought I'd seen you post that it was a sh1trun aerial, but when I rang the dealer and asked, he simply laughed and said "No idea where you've heard that" :(:confused:

Do they have them online anywhere? If so I'll order one and wait for it :)

If you search my previous posts I fairly rcently posted the part number on a stubby ariel thread for someone :thumbup:

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Hi Mike, just had a look at your LED change on climate control. Looks great! Especially the white LED´s for the buttons look alot nicer. Is this a hard job to do because i´m not completely satisfied on some of the LED´s on the facelift unit... the ones behind the temp/turn knob are not that bright. It also works on the MFD screen but on daylight you can hardly read the temp set on the unit.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Hi Mike, just had a look at your LED change on climate control. Looks great! Especially the white LED´s for the buttons look alot nicer. Is this a hard job to do because i´m not completely satisfied on some of the LED´s on the facelift unit... the ones behind the temp/turn knob are not that bright. It also works on the MFD screen but on daylight you can hardly read the temp set on the unit.

This is where I got the white SMDs from mate

http://www.bluecars.net/pack-eclairage-luxe-full-leds-blanc-pur-seat-leon-2-p-513.html

They are visible at day I will try and remember to get a pic for you

Faceless

Apr 2, 2012
Hello Mike, the car looks stunning! Love the Red/Black contrasts. [B)]

Can I drop mine off at yours at some point, as yours always looks GLEAMING in the pictures, on your driveway, being washed! :D

I'm going to (also) buy the Cup Splitter and would be interested to hear of your experiences with it.
Did you consider it a decent mod? How easy was it to fit / did it come with all the necessary fitting hardware?

Any feedback appreciated. :)

StylanceTDi

Mate, that is a complete, Mintbox like. We need a like button, like on facebook :)

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Had a drive across the a616 & a628 on my way to visit the guys at B.C.S automotive. Brilliant drive, drove along with a lovely silver r36 Saloon *:drool:

Massive thank you to Dave at BCS for fitting some of the heat reflective material they use on Nobles above my tailpipe and fitting my new rear apron, with a broken arm I should add! *:congrats: :notworthy:

Before...

P1040747.jpg

During....

d4f16b88.jpg

Think it has a funky Motorsport look about her :)

Dave bending his arm ways that a recent biking accident / injury was trying not to let him * :notworthy:

c39b9931.jpg

After....

560b3899.jpg

e17385b5.jpg

4d11c930.jpg

Was great to meet Mark, a friend of Nath 'Greenhouse' from mk5golfgti.co.uks' Detail my ride and Mark Oats 'MarkyMark' and his lovely Candy white SiroccoR that was having a BCS power valve system. His Miltek DP flange welds were cracked and the fitment was pretty pants. *The BCS system on the Rocco looked Awesome! Mark openly admitted getting a semi but Im sure he'll be along to explain that lol

Glad I, like Mark ditched my Miltek for the BCS system in my eyes it's it's much better thought out and built on the car

I'd recommend BCS systems to anyone whether it be a decatted 6" resonated or their clever power valve system that is quite whilst driving around but opens a valve to allow a much sportier note when driving hard :) Nige & the lads are really friendly ad accommodating

Saw a black Gti on the way home A4 KO** I think it was, in black.

Been in the car on my own all day so had some really enjoyable driving. *Hopefully Mark was impressed by the short drive we went for while his system was being fitted *:smiley:

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Looking good dude, loving the new Gloss Black valance.

I must say that having heard your car on song the BCS sounds stunning, its got a really lovely note to it without being too obtrusive in the cabin.

Good work as always mate!:funk:

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Looking good dude, loving the new Gloss Black valance.

I must say that having heard your car on song the BCS sounds stunning, its got a really lovely note to it without being too obtrusive in the cabin.

Good work as always mate!:funk:

Cheers Matt. I love the sound of the BCS sounds ace in the cabin but I've never heard it on boost from the outside.

Hope you can make it Saturday bud

mate looks the part.
I love how you took a picture of a guy screwing your valance on for you haha

Yeah haha. Dave is a diamond bloke he even polished my tailpipe up for me :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.