Suj's S14a 200sx....Has been replaced.....Now Sold!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Looking good there suj..... so you wanna do the ring again I see........ if only my finances were right I would defo be joining you. Want to take the Leon around there now hehehehe

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks Jase, so annoyed with how long it took though, was gonna do steering wheel too, but it was a faff for a bloody short shifter lol.

Yeah man, it's a pure addiction, got house booked and ferry, so now the car lol.

So glad you got to keep the car :love:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Thanks mate, yeah I have all the bits together now for 2+ so just saving a bit for the map then I can go play hehehehe. I have lost one of the jacking covers too [:@] so will get hold of Dave and see how much they are. Looks so wrong with a gaping hole in the side skirt!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Awesome, gonna be great, the 2.0 TSFI's are great for modding, so easy to get 350ish bhp :)
Haha, happened on the Ibiza, so I just removed them all for "symmetry" I said to myself lmaoooooo

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
So weather has been rubbish to say the least past few months.
So I was bored today, so got my 20mm front spacers on :)

They were running 5mm slip on's (proper crap, some universal craps, as 5mm is needed to stop rubbing on the suspension).

Before

Before by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

Before by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

After

After by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

After by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

I also just paid for some 10mm longer rear studs, so then can get a 10mm slip on spacer for rear to bring it the same all round, will sit so much better :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Whiteline Pineapples

So weather was nice, and before the F1 I thought I would shove on my Pineapples.

They are called pineapples as they resemble pineapple rings, and they are typical Whiteline yellow coloured too.

479488_10151741859760217_657315216_24202976_498094733_o.jpg

The 200sx's rear bushes allow 14mm of movement (when new, so most likely much more now lol) which causes a vague rear end, as the subframe will then move about in corners.
So these Pineapples are sandwiched between the subframe to lock it into place, this also helps get rid of Axle Tramp too (some forum members have said, even though I thought axle tramp was a leaf spring problem due to the torque from a launch causing distortions in the springs, but I guess the same happened in the bushes to an extent)?

Well these pineapples can be placed in specific places to angle the subframe for different characteristics, the following pic will show the different combinations and the characteristic gained:

pineapplessettings.jpg

Also here are where they sit in relation to the subframe:

locations.jpg

Sorry I didn't get any pics of me in the process, I just did it and took it for a test drive.

It was very easy really, just some of the bolts were a bit stiff at first, hardest thing was just you have to make space to get the bolts off, but such a doddle.

There is also a thing called "locking collars" which sit on top and bottom to literally lock the subframe bush, but it sends a lot of vibrations through the car being made from metal.

Test Drive: Very noticeable straight away, could feel the back end better, didn't feel as vague, more predictable, like you know when the back end wants to come out now much better, acceleration feels much better too.
No increase I could feel in vibrations, so even happier with that.

Overall very happy, as I got them very cheap (a guy who wrote off car before he could put them on), only took me about an hour and half (I am anal and wanted to wirebrush all threads, coat them and put correct torque settings and enough lithium grease on too).

Another great handling mod, now need to get coilovers and arms on, then I am nearly on way to Nurburgring again (YIKES, 2months left :S) lol

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Keep coming back for inspiration in this thread lol purchased my first mod for the 200 last weekend got a whiteline front strut brace 2nd hand for a good price so got that to fit but unfortunately i have no tools where im staying :lol:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Hey dude thanks :)

Don't look too much, you will end up skint like me lmao.
If you were closer, would of said come down i'll shove it on for you dude :(

In other news, I noticed some cracks on passenger rear tyres (in the tread, which is very odd).

They are Bridgestone Potenza S-01's, and they were flipping great, still have 5mm left in them, but with the damage and Germany soon, HELL NO.

Unfortunately it's an odd size, 245/45/16, which not many companies make for them, as not many run so understandable, saving grace is, some old Porsche's run them.

So browsing eBay, I seen a set with no bids, Continental ContiSport Contacts, 5-6mm tread....no one bid so I bagged them for £30 :D well chuffed.

They are great tyres, I had a set on my BBS RM's, and loved them, but this is a totally different car.
But forums + reviews are saying in excess of my expectations so...WINNING :love:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Brakes (fail), Adjustable Arms (Fail), Coilovers (winning)

So with this amazing weather, it would be dumb not to take advantage and work on the car.

So first off I went to change rear pads and discs....FAIL lol.
The rear calipers are ceasing (not totally seized luckily) just not as free as the can be :(
Fortunately they are 1pots, and nearly everyone goes for the Z32 300zx / R33 Skylines GTST rear set up (2pots, with shoes for the handbrake) so I sourced another pair in great condition for £30...WINNING lol.

Then I went to change the Adjustable Arms....another Fail....the Camber arms have eccentric bolts (washer) well they were definitely ceased lmao, but I did manage to test fit the Rear Tension arms, but don't go small enough to go on :(
(can see the front Pineapples in the pic)

Rear Tension Arms by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

So I then fitted the Coilovers, this was more straight forward as I have changed it before when 1 was leaking, so everything was nice a copper greased up :D

Got them on, set the height, went for a spin....was pissed off, was crazy stiff and drove like a bag of crap....got home was late so would check it out next day.

So then I got up and checked it over....guy before me set the preload on a 200mm spring at 45mm fronts and 35mm rear :-/ lol.
It is meant to be 5mm (as told by Apex), so set that and my god I am so happy now lol, is a bit bouncy but I need to mess with the damping to get it right :)

Apex Gen2 6/5's and Standards. by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

Apex Gen2 6/5's by Suraj Joshi, on Flickr

Here's them fitted, can see the rear Pineapples in that pic too.

So good having height independent from the preload :D

Gonna get the arms on soon when I get access to some FIREEEEEEEEEEEEE lol.

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
So....car was setup, every Right Hand turn (weight shifting to Left side) it was pogoing, felt like crap, was getting to point of removing and selling.

Stripped that side down....see anything wrong?

37033_10151807009345217_289677769_n.jpg

LMAO yes that is a bit broke lol.

Ordered another damper body, luckily Apex are amazing and do great aftersales services :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
What the hell caused that?!

I know m0rk lol.
I think the fact there is no bumpstop....looks like it bottomed out and bent :(
Luckily only £90 from Apex for damper body :)

(PS by no bumpstop, I meant that side, all the rest have them).

Nice 200sx I was going to buy one but the mrs wanted something newer :/ I think I have read your thread before on sxoc?

Thanks dude, I am on SXOC, but not a member, so there is no readers ride.

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I'd be so temtadings to wind that down ;)

Can't wait to see you and the car in a couple of weeks <3

I ain't tempted, as i'd rather have a "shitter" stance, then an awesome stance and piss oil on Ring and cause an accident I then have to pay for ;)

Yeah will be good yo :)

Defo seen it before are you a member on 106owners or driftworks?

I am on DW, but never posted my car on there.

I did post a pic or 2 in "show your car" thread, so may of been that :)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yeah all good mate. Car is running like a dream and if all goes to plan I should be doing my mounts on Saturday and exhaust in a couple weeks time and then finally the remap and enjoying my 370 stampeding stallions hahahaha

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Wow, sounds like it's coming on loads, crazy power these 2litres make :love:

Nice one dude, bet that's well fun :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members