Is there a way to rectify a sagging bit of leather on the driver's seat?

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
My Ibiza FR's driver seat has always had a little sag in it since I got it... I really should of got them to sort it, but I've never had the chance yet.

I'm due a service, so I could ask them to sort it, but I guess they'd class it as wear and tear and charge me?

So, is there a way I can rectify it myself? You should be able to make out the slight sag in the picture below:

IMG_9094.jpg

Last edited:

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
My Ibiza FR's driver seat has always had a little sag in it since I got it... I really should of got them to sort it, but I've never had the chance yet.

I'm due a service, so I could ask them to sort it, but I guess they'd class it as wear and tear and charge me?

So, is there a way I can rectify it myself? You should be able to make out the slight sag in the picture below:

IMG_9094.jpg

Yeah. Upholstery repair centre. Would have that done under warrenty

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
You could try gentle warming with a heat gun to make the leather shrink back. That is how leather trimmers do it. Just don't get too close or leave it exposed for too long and burn the leather. If that doesn't work then try the warranty route.

The leather on my front seats in the same area isn't the tightest fit, I tend to have a small ruck running down the centre line of the seat base on both seats but it's not too bad so I turn a blind eye to it as it's "only" an Ibiza, you wouldn't expect it on leather in a Merc!!!

Last edited:

atomic

You could try gentle warming with a heat gun to make the leather shrink back. That is how leather trimmers do it. Just don't get too close or leave it exposed for too long and burn the leather. If that doesn't work then try the warranty route.
Woah. Try warranty route first, if you've damaged it trying to do it yourself there's no way they would accept a warranty claim.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
I had this on my previous car, an audi S3 but much worse, looked at lots of others and all had the same bum cheeks dent in and the drivers side bolsters are all creased too.Audi wouldn`t do anything and thats with a 30k car:(

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I had this on my previous car, an audi S3 but much worse, looked at lots of others and all had the same bum cheeks dent in and the drivers side bolsters are all creased too.Audi wouldn`t do anything and thats with a 30k car:(

I'm not surprised - its your fault for sitting in the seat! What would possibly make you want to do that?!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.