Wipers Gone Mad

ptotham

M10 PST
Mar 23, 2010
Heathrow
the wipers on my wifes ibiza have a mind of there own :confused: and seem to come on by themselves, have narrowed it down a bit more to sometimes when signalling or when you go round a sharp bend, the only way to stop the blades when they start it to spray water on the screen and then they will stop after they have gone back and forth a few more times.

slipery samon

slipery samon
Feb 10, 2011
smalesworth farm
ive had this exact problem mate alot of people go for new stalks and relays and things but all i did with my one is take apart the covers just behind the steering wheel and take apart the switch that controls them (its all one, big bugger) and brake clean them, after i had done this i spayed a bit more in then air tapped the whole thing to get rid of any remaining dirt and now it works perfectly :D this happend to me in december and havent had a hicup yet :D

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Lol that's a cracker :D

Upload your pics to somewhere like photobucket, click on go advanced for the reply box, click on the fourth icon from the right and paste in the direct link.

slipery samon

slipery samon
Feb 10, 2011
smalesworth farm
aw **** well mate anyways back to the point go into that little cluster there and there is a little relay under the stalk and take that out and clean that then clean all the bit inside that and that should work

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Do you have to take the steering wheel off to remove the plastic covers though?

No, you take the covers off first if you're taking the steering wheel off so just take them off on their own. There's a couple of screws from the bottom if I remember right.

ptotham

M10 PST
Mar 23, 2010
Heathrow
aw **** well mate anyways back to the point go into that little cluster there and there is a little relay under the stalk and take that out and clean that then clean all the bit inside that and that should work

Cheers I try and have a look tonight and see if i can find what you are talking about.

ptotham

M10 PST
Mar 23, 2010
Heathrow
No, you take the covers off first if you're taking the steering wheel off so just take them off on their own. There's a couple of screws from the bottom if I remember right.

so I dont need to have the steering wheel off to get to the relay.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.