t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
FFS you lot make me laugh.

I fitted my 1st FMIC with help from my mate, fitted TIP's fitted N75's MAF's etc, just wouldn't know what to do with a gearbox or a diff etc. Would love to but I don't, I work in an office that deals in business energy brokerage.

I learn all the time with cars like we all do.

Ooh, raw nerve there I think ;)

Just kidding, was surprised you didn't fit your new FMIC yourself as I'd have thought it was easier than the previous one - no hacking bumpers etc. TBH if I'm not confident I get a garage to do it for me but I guess being a tight-arse Scot I'm probably less willing to pay someone else to do stuff that I could do if I just stop being lazy ;)

Good result on the N75 tho, sounds like yours was shot.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
AmD did me free fitting aswell as a good price so it was easier to let them do it. Taken the bumper off before and it's not my favourite job to do on a day off so it was Steve's down there, lol..

Yeah indeed.. Just got home from a good blast back from my mates. Again, no flutter in 4th, solid smooth progressive boost that just wants to pull and pull! Combination of the new Airtec fmic and the new N75 have worked wonders! :D

Tomorrow I need to clean her up for the Bromley Pageant on Sunday..

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't mind taking the bumper off, its getting it back on I find to be a PITA. I'm the same as you mate, I do as much as I can but when it comes to engine internals ect, I've not got the knowledge and to be honest my LCR isn't something I want to mess around with, thats why I'd love an old golf or similar to strip down and put back together.

Good to hear the cars running well, you've got to love a stage 2 LCR when its running right :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I don't mind taking the bumper off, its getting it back on I find to be a PITA. I'm the same as you mate, I do as much as I can but when it comes to engine internals ect, I've not got the knowledge and to be honest my LCR isn't something I want to mess around with, thats why I'd love an old golf or similar to strip down and put back together.

Good to hear the cars running well, you've got to love a stage 2 LCR when its running right :D

Indeed. My 1st attempt took forever when me and my mate did the TX cooler. Seems to come off and go back on easier after a few goes though!

Yeah, I'd rather not break it tbh. I can do some stuff and use the guides on here or on youtube, like the N249 bypass etc, but installing a diff? Wouldn't have a clue, lol.

Cheers dude, certainly is running well now. Had a good drive home from my mates tonight seems to be boosting rather well now [B)]

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Pageant prep.

Cleaned the car most of today ready for Bromley Pageant show tomorrow.

And no these aren't repost pics, El or Lee for that matter... These are brand new! But yeah, it's on the drive again :p

8ffe45f2.jpg

4fc4d9bc.jpg

9c44c178.jpg

ad3a3ced.jpg

09679885.jpg

e7628b1d.jpg

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Very nice buddy. Engine bay looks the nuts. I didn't even know you were selling your old cooler, one of the disadvantages of not knowing where to look first :(

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Left picture taking to the guys with the SLR cameras, D.K and El mainly. So keep an eye out for their pics. Only got a few on my iphone. Was a top day and really without the people and the banter, keeps me going with the project. The SEAT owners are always out in force and will remain a big part for me even if I do chop the LCR in next year. Saw an Evo 8 today which really has got me thinking about doing some sums.

562256_10151797270270577_1043892010_n.jpg

From left to right, D.K, me (t0m), James.l & El
538305_10151797270015577_1919130854_n.jpg

0eaac379.jpg

0afd4eeb.jpg

382ff163.jpg

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Any pics from today Tom? The car looks lovely in your most recent pics :) Sounds like it was a good show today?

Cheers James, appreciate the comments :) The show was brilliant as always. Love the Pageant and I'll be back next year provided I still have the Leon.

Very nice buddy. Engine bay looks the nuts. I didn't even know you were selling your old cooler, one of the disadvantages of not knowing where to look first :(

Cheers big eck :) The bay came up better than the exterior tbh. I need to clay and polish the old girl as I didn't before this show.

Sorry the old cooler went within 24hrs of it going on pistonheads. I'd highly recommend the Airtec one mate, it's awesome. Give Ben a shout, he might be able to sort you out.. ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.