Team GTR - Leon Cupra R

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Yout motor scrubs up really well mate.

Cheers mate. Yeah it doesn't do too badly. Several imperfections which need seeing to but all in due time. Looking a lot better than how it was at the last AMD rolling road event that's for sure ;)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Most of our cars do have small imperfections these days due to their age, I couldn't believe how bad my front bumper was when I had it off last weekend.

It did look abit unloved at AMD, its good to see it clean up and look good again :D

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Most of our cars do have small imperfections these days due to their age, I couldn't believe how bad my front bumper was when I had it off last weekend.

It did look abit unloved at AMD, its good to see it clean up and look good again :D

I see them as signs of being driven how it's suppose to be ;)

Well the big bits are done so now the loving is going towards the exterior as planned. Looking to getting it up to proper standard soon starting with the wheels and working around the body work

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Thanks mate. Appreciate the positive comment :)

Gents I think you may be right. Will look into it. Bridges if it weren't for me you would have sent yours back. As a thanks I think you should send me yours so I can test it on mine :p

Ahaha very true, good bit of advice from you lol!!

But ima be selfish and keep them... I was the guinea pig for you!! :p

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Bromley Pageant

Had a great day yesterday at Bromley Pageant. Great event with a really good bunch of us there and some cracking motors to say the least. Loads of LCRs of course but then we are the top dogs out of the range ;)

You can see all of the pics of our groups cars on this thread: Bromley Pageant 2012

Was very happy with mine. Seemed to fit in well and got some attention from people browsing around. Not bad seen as I Myles with his nuclear wheels on one side and James L 400+ beast on my other side along with the gleam machines of T0m, D.K and Readie46 to finish off the front line.

Here are some of the pics I took with mine in them:

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Car looked sweet yesterday mate.

No where near what the car used to be, really has come on.

Doing TED Tuning proud ;)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
You did well with the SLR mate ;)

Cheers dude, not bad for a amateur me thinks :)

Car looked sweet yesterday mate.

No where near what the car used to be, really has come on.

Doing TED Tuning proud ;)

Thanks mate, It's getting there. Several more bits to do. Never really paid attention to the exterior but glad I am now. Really pays off at such shows

Car looks brilliant El, very clean and tidy :clap:

Nice one mate, loving the cars current clean look

Some say his ear wax taste like turkish delight and he once threw a microwave over a tramp.... all we know is he's called the EL! :funk:

DSCF4555 by Roule Duke, on Flickr

hahaha brilliant. Cheers mate. So much banter yesterday. It's what it's all about :rofl:

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Ahahahahaa that is amazing ^^^^^^

Missing a Red LCR there lol.... To many dull greys :p

Just kidding... All cars look ace :)

Last edited:

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Did they even do a red LCR? :p

You need to represent the red lot mate, your car would have fitted in nicely here

Oh no you didn't :p

Cheers bro but I'm a long way off from the standard of the LCRs there to be fair & I have a few imperfections too :(

You never know, you may see me at some shows this year :)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
First Track Event - Brands Hatch

Been invited to take the car on track for the first time thanks to AmD. Naturally I couldn't refuse so now getting a few further bits done in time for the day.

The car as a whole is in great condition, recently serviced and checked so happy on that front. I decided to not take the gamble with oil temps reaching high numbers and have put together a list of parts for a oil cooler.

Other bits needed:

• 059 115 721 - this is the threaded pipe which the oil filter screws onto on vehicles without the oil cooler
  • 08A 115 441 J - gasket for the oil filter housing to the block

Here is the event flyer:

555495_10151017438933701_1538717587_n.jpg

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I'll be gambling :)

But not as much I suppose as I have the oil temp gauge. Wise move mate, good list of parts also. Interested to see how you get on.

Should be a fun old session on track ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members