Recommendation for coilovers?

werdna

Depends what you want, for cheap lows the joms are fine for the 190 they cost, just don't expect to be doing it on the track.

A reasonable quality all rounder like ap's or weitecs would be a good balance of cost vs performance but budget around 400.

Realistically for a quality set of coilovers you are looking at a lot more.

DresselFR

MPG over BHP
Jun 10, 2012
inverurie
Much appreciated people, i'll look into it a bit more. dont think i'll be takin it on the track anytime soon tbh ha knowing my luck i'd twat it :\

uksteffy

Jul 18, 2011
Bristol
i bought the FK Street coilovers (yellow) on ebay and there a great job. that back is very firm but not bouncy or that. i left the origional rear shocks in as normally when buying budget coilovers the new shocks arnt built to the same quality as the standard 1s so they usually burst after a couple of months but u get a years warranty so up to you

DresselFR

MPG over BHP
Jun 10, 2012
inverurie
again thanks for the advice/feedback . Damian- budget not too sure maximum id imagine would be 500ish they will be for stance only :D as long as they make my ibiza low.. haa

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Within your budget I'd go for the Weitec Hicon GT but if you want something low then one of the FK kits may be a better option for you.

Let me know if you need any info or prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Lew89

Jun 17, 2011
Oxford
I had AP's and replaced with Weitecs - prefer the AP's and would replace with them again

weitecs feel softer

andreww

Mar 31, 2008
Cornwall and Cheltenham
I did lots of reading up and decided to go with KW Variant 1, its supposed to be the best for what you are after. If you are interested in buying KW please let me know as I've got some for a good price.

DresselFR

MPG over BHP
Jun 10, 2012
inverurie
Within your budget I'd go for the Weitec Hicon GT but if you want something low then one of the FK kits may be a better option for you.

Let me know if you need any info or prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Well if you could give me a quote for the coilovers that go the lowest... that would be much appreciated. Cheers

Last edited:

DresselFR

MPG over BHP
Jun 10, 2012
inverurie
I did lots of reading up and decided to go with KW Variant 1, its supposed to be the best for what you are after. If you are interested in buying KW please let me know as I've got some for a good price.

what sort of drop do they put out? and how much would you be selling them for?

andreww

Mar 31, 2008
Cornwall and Cheltenham
I think I have a buyer at 380 (they are new unused), and as they are adjustable they go as low as anything else I assume..but low doesn't necessarily mean good for road use as far as I understand it (there is a very good thread on here on the topic).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members