Touch up paint

Henning

My 57plate Freetrack has picked up a few chips to the front bumper, the car is track gray but the bumper is a slightly different shade, I've checked with the dealer and Seat themselves and apparently they don't do touch up paint for the bumper,just for the body of the car.Do any of you know what is the closest match of a generic paint or is it a case of getting a custom paint mixed.Thanks

mike55

May 31, 2010
Hello

I have had damage to the bumper of my Freetrack as well. After several attempt to get touch up paint and even to find out what the coating was, I took it to a body shop. They patched in the chips and scratches with spray paint. They told me it was a base mid grey paint with a satin clear coat. This is nothing exotic or special as I had been lead to believe. They told me it was the same system used on an Audi. The repair was only £50 so quite reasonable. If you can live with a few marks it might be better to save up the damage as it apears to damage very easy. Hope this helps. Mike

Henning

Thanks Mike,I think I'll wait until it starts to look untidy,it's just the odd chip at the moment.thanks again