Removing charcoal canister/EVAP

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Thinking of doing this but wanted to check my method would be sound.

1. First off I will plug the port on the TIP (the one that goes to the hard pipe and across to the canister)

2. The hard pipe coming from the throttle body should be plugged (or use this hard pipe for the dump valve and plug the existing port underneath the inlet manifold)

3. Lastly disconnect the white pipe that runs from the fuel tank to the canister (Would like to disconnect this by unplugging the push connector at the fuel filter end)

I'll remove the canister and leave the electrical part connected.

Last edited:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
My main reason is to try and remove anything that isn't completely necessary from the TIP and any other hoses.

I've removed the PCV already, once I remove this it should be a lot easier to keep the system leak free.

All I have on the tip now is the dump valve port, on the hoses after the turbo I have the normal dv and n75 hose (mine goes to an EBC not the N75).

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I did the above and with a resister and got a light on every couple of days, pita. Although when i originally did it with the resister it went months before the light came back, but after that then every week, you can get a "special" resistor which will cure the light issue though, not sure where from though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members