New Ibiza 2.0 TDI FR

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Hey Guys - I've been looking into getting a MY2013 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDI.
I'm under the impression that Seat are currently offering 0% APR finance over 36 months with a 35% deposit.

However I've spoken to two different dealers recently who tell me Seat have stopped this offer. I don't know whether to believe them or not as some of their dealers and other sites are still mentioning this 0% finance which ends on 30th June.

In your opinions is this just the dealers trying to pull a fast one on me, its not like I can demand they give me 0% unfortunately! :-o

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Thanks nightflight - just wondered whether any of you insiders knew :)
I've widened the net - waiting to hear from a few other dealers.
It's just impossible to tell whether these guys are telling the truth or not it'd be nice to know!

I'd rather dealers tell me they don't want to provide it because its not in their interests rather than lie to me, salespeople for you though I guess!

IMG SEAT

Matthew @ IMG SEAT
Thanks nightflight - just wondered whether any of you insiders knew :)
I've widened the net - waiting to hear from a few other dealers.
It's just impossible to tell whether these guys are telling the truth or not it'd be nice to know!

I'd rather dealers tell me they don't want to provide it because its not in their interests rather than lie to me, salespeople for you though I guess!

The 0% offer has been withdrawn as of 1st June

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
The 0% offer has been withdrawn as of 1st June

Thanks IMG - I've been told 3 different dates of when the 0% finance offer ended, yours is the 4th! :lol:
In fact one dealer I contacted had forgotten to update their website, it still said ends 30th June.

Appreciate you taking the time to clarify though - I guess I'll wait until the 1st July when its a new quarter. Maybe Seat will decide they need to flog some more cars being the start of the brand new quarter and 0% will make a return, who knows!

Just trying to avoid the horrendous interest charges, looks like I was too late though, for now! :)

Last edited:

IMG SEAT

Matthew @ IMG SEAT
Thanks IMG - I've been told 3 different dates of when the 0% finance offer ended, yours is the 4th! :lol:
In fact one dealer I contacted had forgotten to update their website, it still said ends 30th June.

Appreciate you taking the time to clarify though - I guess I'll wait until the 1st July when its a new quarter. Maybe Seat will decide they need to flog some more cars being the start of the brand new quarter and 0% will make a return, who knows!

Just trying to avoid the horrendous interest charges, looks like I was too late though, for now! :)

Instead of the 0% you can now have £1,600 discount which would more than cover any interest charges. If you would like some quotes, just give us a call tomorrow and we would be happy to provide some finance options with you. Our number is 01925 428730.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I'm looking at the Ibiza with a lot of options, the ROTR is £19,365, irrespective of method of payment I would never expect to pay the ROTR, I've been quoted a price which equates to 10% off the ROTR above.

Now whilst the 0% HP finance (not interested in PCP/leases) was on this was great, now its no longer running unless dealers knock at least another £1000 off the ROTR price, a personal loan seems the way to go and not VWFS. Even then I'd still be paying around £1500 more than I would of been a few weeks ago.

IMG - I won't call you guys because I know you'll tell me where to go having read the above! :lol:

Unless you really can work out something given the above :D

Mar 13, 2010
I didnt realise it was that much for a new one, i got a cupra around 2 months ago for alot less than that with an extra or two.

I would keep looking around and dont buy until you get what you want, get them to knock more money off if they really want a sale.

IMG SEAT

Matthew @ IMG SEAT
Hope you haven't taken offence? None was intended! I was just stating that you'd tell me to get on my bike if I asked for any more money off!

If anything I appreciated your response and clarity on the 'offer' that was cancelled.

Absolutley no offence taken :D With regards to further discount you never know unless you ask!!, but like every deal it depends on a number of factors:think:

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Thanks both.

I've gotten a good offer from a local dealer which I'm happy with, much to the manager at Stoke Seats anguish! Who knew dealers would become so rude because you've been offered something better eh! :rofl:

If I don't end up going with the local dealer I will definitely be calling IMG up though :D

InnocentFool

Apr 9, 2012
Thanks both.

I've gotten a good offer from a local dealer which I'm happy with, much to the manager at Stoke Seats anguish! Who knew dealers would become so rude because you've been offered something better eh! :rofl:

If I don't end up going with the local dealer I will definitely be calling IMG up though :D

I went to stoke and the staff said they could price match. Brought up the seat website and said how about this, it’s newer, less miles with same spec and they almost laughed in my face, so drove 59 miles to another garage. They must like loosing customers from there!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.