fitting heated electric seats..memory??

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
s3 heated seats switches are totaly different to the leon ones. they dont fit in the same place on the dash

Edit: the ones in my mates s3 are anyway
bottom left corner of the picture. Dont mind the r32 wheel:whistle:

s3.jpg

Last edited:

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
They must have changed the dash in the later models so. See the picture I posted up. Totally different switches

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Audi-8D0963563C (LHS)
Seat-1M10963563 (LHS)

Here you go i found these they look the same as mine, just remember you will need the LHD rear window de-mister, the part number is listed in a earlier post.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Phil, I have these in my watch list ATM, I was thinking of using the Audi de-mister switch but I can't find any pictures of what should be next to it, any ideas? I thought it may be airbag light like the Leon but I've been told the a3 light is on the roof??

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
I suppose i could just leave it blank then? in fact if thats blank i could just droop the airbag warning light behind the dash and maybe not have to lose the cup holder, seems too simple tbh, i'll have another think later after i've come round from last nights session :stars:

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...eywords/heated_seats_climate/page/1?logcode=p

just found this picture, looks i won't be able to keep the cup holder though as there are 5 slots, 2 for cup holder 1 for rear wiondow de-mister 1 for hazard light switch and the other for airbag warning light, even with the audi i would still need to use 4 spaces for essential things i need to keep, looks like the best option would be to just lose the cup holder and use audi switches and may be able to get away with my existing othe switches?

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Phil, just having another look over this thread and just noticed that in post 44 the part numbers you've listed for the rear de-misters state RHD? Is this a typo and meant to say LHD,

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Just been trying to get my head round this,
1: Leon switches will ONLY fit where the current airbag light and de-mister switch are due to the rounded edge on the drivers switch and squared edge on the passenger switch?
2: I have found that the Audi switches will fit ONLY at either end of the console due to the shape of their curves as they are BOTH rounded at opposite ends?
3: so although the part numbers are the same (other than the first 3) I think they're specific to their own makes, I sip pose the only way to do it using Audi switches would be if I used the whole lot including the fascia plate but that seems quite a mission to find and probably quite pricey too, think I may just have to bite the bullet and give Dave at sere a call.

Thanks for advise guys I'll get a few pics up when I've done,
I. Don't suppose any of you gave a quick link for a fitting guide for the loom??

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
The switches look the same, the reason the Audi ones fit either end of the console is due to the shape of the other switches as they match, where as the Leon ones will only fit next to each other as the other switches don't match, if you look at my picture you will see what i mean.

greenybobs

Jun 29, 2011
Burnley
The S3 seats dont have a memory function, make sure you get the plugs with the seats it make wiring them up alot easier, you should get air bag plug, electrics plug and heated plug, you will need to get the switches for the heated part and they are £70 -£35 each and the golf ones dont fit, unless you make them fit with alot of messing about (sorry Adam) i have a wiring diagram for the heated seats if your interested PM me and i will send you a copy, the air bags are easy enough you just need to swap the wires around, i cant remember which ones at the moment, i will have a look, its years since i fitted mine. wiring the electrics is easy you just need a live and negative, you can chose between constantly live or just when ignition is on, stock setting is constantly live.

sorted

Last edited:

greenybobs

Jun 29, 2011
Burnley
Here is the wiring diagram for the heated seats, but i would just buy the ready made loom from kufatec for 49 euros rather than messing around trying to make one your self (Unless your an electrician) it comes with all the right conectors and plugs then all you need are the switches which are £35 each. :D

D'OH! that'll help to my post numbers!! meant it!!!:confused:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.