My Toledo V5 20V - LOUD NOISES

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
VERY smart mate! Love the wheels and that stance.. Really interested in that mod youve done with the rear lights, and the interior footwell lights too!

I've always loved the look of the tollys, especially when slammed on their arses!! Nice work there mate!

ibizazi

Love it :) making me want a toledo now! lLove the wheels and the de-bagded back!

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

It has even more stance at the back now due to the 15mm spacers and I've wound the coilies all the way down, I'll get some pics when I manage to crack on with the GTI Inters prep.

The footwell lights were very easy to do :) just ran the wires from the interior light through the front edge of the roof lining, down the insides of the windscreen pillar trims, through the dash and to the led strips mounted under the dash - I do have plans to change the way they are powered soon though - At the moment they are powered from the main (Centre) light, but I want them powered from the map lights so that when someone switches one on it illuminates their footwell as well, plus they'd still light up when opening a door or unlocking :) will be doing the same to the rear footwells as well once I've figured out a way to mount the led strips.

The rear lights were quite easy, I just followed Poliq's how to thread but adapted a little for the Toledo. It makes the rear look much better lit up properly as does removing the badges :D

News on the rims too! I've got another set from a certain person with the lowest (and tidiest) Bora I have ever seen!

temporary-5-3.jpg

BBS RSII... need a refurb and centre caps but that will have to wait until after Inters :(

Matt

Last edited:

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Tidiest Bora you've seen? Can't be mine then :happy:

Looking forward to seeing them finished fella! Need any help give me a shout!

Jordan, they were a spare set, the others I swapped with Llyr for his Ibiza ;)

Last edited:

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
The pic is with the 15mm spacers still on and tyres are over rated! :p

I'll get some rubber on them after I've refurbed them. Need to get them blasted to remove all of the old paint and oxide first then get them sprayed and put back together. I've already polished all of the bolts though :D

I might need a hand spraying the barrels Arun at some point. Shouldn't be too hard though if my compressor is working properly :)
I'm still undecided on colours yet , The barrels will be gloss black with polished lips but not sure about the faces soooo ideas people!?!?!

Last edited:

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
The pic is with the 15mm spacers still on and tyres are over rated! :p

I'll get some rubber on them after I've refurbed them. Need to get them blasted to remove all of the old paint and oxide first then get them sprayed and put back together. I've already polished all of the bolts though :D

I might need a hand spraying the barrels Arun at some point. Shouldn't be too hard though if my compressor is working properly :)
I'm still undecided on colours yet , The barrels will be gloss black with polished lips but not sure about the faces soooo ideas people!?!?!

Purple ;)

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Missed your thread till now! I didn't realize that doing the quad mod would be different with the Toledo, but ofc it is!! I bet it was easier though, wiring the boot lid?

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Now there's an idea Jordan!

It was easy to do poliq, just ran the wiring with the rest of the boot electrics through the pipe and wired into the rear light feed :)

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I've finally recived my new FlyEys kit and some CF effect wrap so set to work again.

temporary-6-2.jpg

Done the front fogs as well this time and managed to do the lights without creasing it like I did last time :rolleyes:

Then moved onto the interior and wrapped a few bits.

temporary-7-1.jpg

and onto the engine cover.

temporary-5-4.jpg

I've made a start on the door grabs too so i'll post pics up when I've finished them :D

Last edited:

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Please don't listen to Jordan and ruin the wheels lol. Mine were done in Audi Daytona grey. Were a bit dark tbh, would have preferred a lighter grey.....Good work so far fella

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I really ought to get the fly eyes stuff, with the debadged grill and a black car I reckon it would look pretty good.

Oh yeah, and the window controls look really good, was it fiddly? I seem to remember you can remove a lot of the electric parts, is that what you did?

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Thanks Mike :D

I'm undecided what to go for with the wheels yet Arun. Thinking maybe one of the House of Kolor reds or maybe a bright silver.

The window controls were really easy Slimy, on the drivers side the panel unclips leaving the window switches in the door, all you need to do after is unclip the mirror controls and get wrapping. The others unclip fron the door card then all you have to do is unclip the switch from the back which can be a bit fiddly. And yes you need to get some of the flyeyes film, would look awesome on a black car [B)]
The door grabs are much easier but do take some time hence only having done 2 up to yet. Once they're all done I'll get some pics up :)