140 tdi remap DPF problems anyone ??

exeo

Apr 21, 2012
Wanting to get my car remapped now, I've spoken to a Revo dealer who doesn't really want to do it unless the DPF is removed (says he's had a few back complaining about the DPF light coming on) anyone got experience of this ?

Should add I do mega motorway miles and never had DPF problems on any of my cars because of this, I suspect.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Your remapper doesn't know their onions. The DPF problems are with the 2.0 PD170 engine The 2.0 CR140 and 170 don't have DPF problems because the CR system was designed to go hand in hand with a DPF, rather than one being chucked on as a after thought.

As far as I know there are no reported 2.0 CR DPF problems on SCN or any other VAG forum (I've searched) :D

There is a nice tuning box by DTUK that maps the fueling and boost pressure up to 175 and and 400nm, it has 7 different maps to choose from, It works a treat :D, costs ab out the same as a regular remap but you can remove it for servising and sell it on for £250 when you get a different car or buy a different loom from DTUK and use it on your next car.

You can get £80 off if you type in the voucher code too.

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/systems_available.php?id=2175

exeo

Apr 21, 2012
Thanks Nath, the CRD-T is only showing for the 170 models on their site and seems expensive at £400 (£50 discount code on their site). I appreciate I could probably get half that back afterwards though.

My ECU looks like its held on with shear bolts ! So I'm not overly keen on it being removed to write to, I've used a cheap eBay box on a 320d years ago and it made a noticeable difference but these engines are a lot more advanced nowadays. I've been able to log my Fuel pressure, boost pressure, IAT etc so I'm quite interested to see the difference in these.

It's a pity the Bluefin won't work yet.

Last edited:

CBRED

Jan 20, 2008
durham
Nath, I only visited juicy detailing yesterday and spoke about the tuning box , as to when I would be buying . Could you please advise me on the discount code please. Many thanks

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Thanks Nath, the CRD-T is only showing for the 170 models on their site and seems expensive at £400 (£50 discount code on their site). I appreciate I could probably get half that back afterwards though.

My ECU looks like its held on with shear bolts ! So I'm not overly keen on it being removed to write to, I've used a cheap eBay box on a 320d years ago and it made a noticeable difference but these engines are a lot more advanced nowadays. I've been able to log my Fuel pressure, boost pressure, IAT etc so I'm quite interested to see the difference in these.

It's a pity the Bluefin won't work yet.
Concur with NATH regarding DTUK - 22K plus and still going strong. ....

exeo

Apr 21, 2012
Well after umming and rring for ages I went for a remap yesterday at TDperformance, Houghton Le spring. He's done lots of cr's and runs a VRS cr 170 himself.

'Wish I'd done it sooner now, I've always been a bit sceptical of remapping gains but it really has transformed the car. Pulls much, much harder right through to the red line now and feels like there's less lag. Hopefully I'll stop stalling it soo much now :redface:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.