flip key info thread

manoj

I just bought one of these flip keys hope to have it cut and coded next week, there is a place near me which can clone transponders for £10 (tony andrews locksmith) much better than taking one out and risk breaking a key

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
remote part numbers for relevant models

1J0 959 753 CT / 1J0 959 753 AG 2 button flip remote

Seat Ibiza 2003-2008
Seat Leon 2002-2005
Seat Toledo 2002-2004

1J0 959 753 DA / 1J0 959 753 AH 3 button flip remote

Seat Leon 2002-2005
Seat Toledo 2001-2003

1J0 959 753 N 2 button flip remote

Seat Ibiza 2001-2003
Seat Leon 2000-2002
Seat Toledo 2000-2002

1K0 959 753 / 1K0 959 753 G 3 button flip remote

Seat Altea 2004-2008
Seat Altea XL
Seat Leon 2005-2008
Seat Toledo 2005-2008

1K0 959 753 N (NEC) 3 button flip remote

SEAT Ibiza 2009-2011
SEAT Leon 2009-2013

As for the transponder side of things. They use id48 chips, with the newer models using CANBUS version which i'm pretty sure cannot be cloned. Unless somebody has released some cloning software for the id48 that i'm not aware of & i'm sure i would know about it as i use genuine advanced diagnostics AD900 Pro transponder cloning machine & MVP Pro key programmer for my business.

So i'm a little bit confused at tony andrews saying they can clone a VAG id48 for £10.

Craig

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
Would I be correct in saying that this:
Is all that I need to do the conversion? I have a spare manual key to take the transponder out of so that is not an issue!

not sure what year your Seat is but that remote is for

Seat Altea 2004-2008
Seat Altea XL
Seat Leon 2005-2008
Seat Toledo 2005-2008

Craig

Last edited:

shadyshades91

Feb 12, 2012
has any1 got any pics of the chipset fitted in the vw flip out key as iv managed to take my chipset out and measure it up on the new fob and was wondering how it goes in???

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
has any1 got any pics of the chipset fitted in the vw flip out key as iv managed to take my chipset out and measure it up on the new fob and was wondering how it goes in???

You took your chipset out of your old non-flip remote?!

The only thing you should be removing from your old remote is the transponder (small glass capsule)... New flipkeys are usually sold with the new circuit board due to extra buttons etc.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
so you've just bought an empty case & not an actual remote.

I've never actually converted a non flip key to a flip key for any of my customers as they usually want me to supply, cut & program a brand new flip key for them to use as their main key & just use the old fixed blade remote as a spare.

None of my key suppliers even sell the old style remote anymore

shadyshades91

Feb 12, 2012
i havent purchased anything yet im trying to come to understanding whats involved so i took my original key apart and was thinking you could put all the insides of the key into the empty flip out 1 and get the blade cut and bobs your uncle but im obviously thinking wrong lol

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
ah right!

well from what i've seen with these remotes even if the old remote circuit board fits into a new flip style case i'm not sure if the buttons would be in the right place

Funnily enough i've got a job on tomorrow with a guy that's having problems with his old Leon remote. I may just have a look to see if it could be made to fit in a flip case

shadyshades91

Feb 12, 2012
tbh i worked in computers it wouldnt be rocket science to wedge the chipset into the new flip key so the buttons line up i was just asking see it has already been done, what do you actually do then ? how much would you charge ?

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
no it may not be rocket science, that's provided the circuit board isn't too wide. Also the remote buttons may be too close together compared to the flip shell button pad.

As for what i do, i do mobile car key cutting & programming. Not just with VAG but with most cars which includes supplying of the keys/remotes. I mainly use advanced diagnostics equipment but i also have genuine ross-tech vcds & nfair few other different make specific software

Then on top of that i do mobile remapping & general servicing, fitting stereos, reverse parking kits etc

oh & prices vary depending on type of key & how far i have to travel. Generally for the earlier VAG remotes i charge £90 to supply cut & program a new 2/3 button flip remote within a 10 mile radius. Some remotes do cost a little bit more depending on model & year. Like with the majority of the newer canbus VAG vehicles it isn't as simple as just reading the SKC & programming the keys with it. You have to precode the transponder with data from the immob before it can be programmed to the car with the SKC & there isn't that many different bits of equipment available to precode transponders. Advanced Diagnostics equipment does precoding equipment but it's not cheap

Last edited:

blizeH

May 12, 2008
1) Buy a new VW flip key
2) Get the key cut so it's identical to your Seat one
3) Use VAG Com to program the new keys immobiliser

Done. It'll cost you around £100 (maybe a bit more depending on how easy it is to find someone with VAG Com) and means you can keep your old key as a backup/spare

IMO it's not really even worth it, but depends on how desperate you are for a flip key

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
you wouldn't just need vag-com. You'd also need software/equipment to read the SKC to enable the key to be programmed with vag-com.

I'm pretty sure the cheap chinese vag-com doesn't read the SKC & i know for a fact genuine Ross-Tech VCDS doesn't as that's what i have

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.