who said you cant go euro on a cupra

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
I wouldnt grind calipers myself, but Ive heard of a few doing it. No idea on safety of it, but I wouldnt think it would be that bad if your only taking a small bit off.
Really not worth doing to fit wheels that are too small though. If you'd got at least 17s you probably wouldnt have had a problem with calipers lol.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I pointed out that why would you risk doing this and go to the trouble of this for the outcome...

People's comments of it will be good when lowered need to understand that to get it to a ride hight to get this to look even nearly good is going to turn this into the first seat Leon statue and will be undriveable...it's just not going to work... Air ride will make it look ok once parked but you have the same problem when driving the car..

It's a fail end of... (due to wheel and tyre size not wheel style)

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
You ground your brake disks to fit tiny wheels ? you could have at least got some spacers how ****ing dangerous is that...

good wheels but don't suit this car unless they were 17-18's

pritt

Jun 6, 2011
Luton
Updated pictures

tell you what people are acting like ive cut half my caliper off ...... just to let you guys know ive only shaved off about a milimetre in two places that you can see directly at through the wheel..... 1 - top right corner..... 2 - bottom right corner

if you got anything rude to say ...... say it to your parents or whatever... not on a forum

secondly new pics.... coilovers have been fitted and will be going hell of a lot lower then what it is now until i get a laguna splitter

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

Last edited:

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
I still stand by my 1st statement it looks **** the wheels are far to small your never ever going to be able to go low enough to get them in the arch the sump will be on the floor also you'r need a chassi notch you'r arb will be stuck on your drive shaft causing constant knocking

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Agree it looks like it's on roller skates...but think with bigger sidewall / wider tyres might be ok, maybe 195 or 205+ /60/16 just to fill those damn arches:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.