Driver's control panel - replacing?

Makro99

Hi All,

Newbie Leon driver here.

driving home last week the electric windows stopped working. Also, unable to lock / unlock the car using the diver's control panel.

Had a sparky out who read the error codes, looks like an error with the control model.

Not wanting to part with £300 as quoted for a new one, I picked up a used part for much less.

Just wondering if anyone had ever tried to install one of these units before? Any tips on getting the door cover off etc, do I need to disconnect the battery?

Thanks a bunck

Makro

Makro99

Thanks mate - yeah judging by the speed the sparky took it off it shouldn't be too hard (famous last words)

As for the key fob - I bought mine second hand and it didn't have one so thats one thing I don't have to bother with (unless someone can reccomend a cheap way of adding one? but that's another thread).

Makro99

Yeah it's the one in the door that's faulty - the error code was faulty communication between the one under the dash and the one on the door, and the locking mechamism & other electric windos are working, so it must be the one on the door.

I told the sparky not to put the panel back on, so he's saved me half a job - just need to get a torx screwdriver & do my homework before I put it the new one in.

Battery disconnect a good idea?

then drive to germany

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Can you not remove it without taking door card off ?

The frame cover comes off by getting a small flat blade under the edge of it then pull & it unclips elec mirror control comes with it you just need to unplug it

Makro99

It's the full electric control unit -

so needs the whole panel off, then x3 screws to undo, then unplug.

and then put everything back!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah screws underneath the door card, it's the bit with the buttons on it to control the widows and locks, the mirrors button is separate by the looks of it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members