Tyre Wear

JonnyF

Jan 4, 2012
Hi everyone, tonight I noticed that my front drivers tyre in wearing the inside 15-20mm. Its down in this area in ~3000 miles. I have the car lowered and got the alignment down afterwards, its always pulled a little bit left when I let go the steering wheel but not noticable while holding onto it apart from not sitting 100% straight.

I have a old bar for alignment and the wheels seem to be pretty parrallel, maybe 1mm if that in it. I checked the camber and it also is very very close. I'm at a bit of a loss to the cause of this. The 2 front tyres that came on the car were fine from what I remember - I changed them when I bought the car.

Has anyone any idea as to what could be causing this? My car is a 07 Cupra.

JonnyF

Jan 4, 2012
The tyres are Michelin PS2's I've had them before on my Focus RS and they wore fine on it. The other side is fine.

Would a shock go after 34k?

What would be the best why of checking the bushes?

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
The tyres are Michelin PS2's I've had them before on my Focus RS and they wore fine on it. The other side is fine.

Would a shock go after 34k?

Michelin's use a very hard compound hence they last long, so doubt it's the tyre's to fault. A shock can go after 30k, depending how it's been driven all 4 could be worn at 30k, don't just change one shock through. .

JonnyF

Jan 4, 2012
I'm the 5th owner I think and I don't know where it was driven be previous owners - it may have been in an area near lots of speed bumps.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise