seat airbags>?!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
ok so ive just put the tiger stripe seats in my car and there awesome BUT

they dont have airbags in them, how can i get rid of my stupid air bag light off?!

Apr 12, 2008
You should probably put in a resistor that will simulate airbag resistance. Not sure what resistance though.

smiffymk3

Jan 31, 2011
Aylesbury
if you know someone with vag com, they can be disabled...i had the same issue with mine when i put full leathers in form a golf vr6

if you put it through vag com as a mk4 golf, theres an option in convenience system for disabling airbags. run through that and disable them and then when you start the car up the airbag light flashes 5 or 6 times as an indication its disabled and then goes out

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
if you know someone with vag com, they can be disabled...i had the same issue with mine when i put full leathers in form a golf vr6

if you put it through vag com as a mk4 golf, theres an option in convenience system for disabling airbags. run through that and disable them and then when you start the car up the airbag light flashes 5 or 6 times as an indication its disabled and then goes out

bingo. cheers duder!

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
You don't have to put it in as a mk4 golf. Just plug it in go to airbags there is a list somewhere of which one is which. Then you just set the value to 0 save and it's off. Did this on mine as I had buckets and harnesses. Was only left with the passenger Front airbag lol

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
in the faq section theres a guide!!! http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=179359 , ive used it before, works well, jus use a full version of vagcom and code it off, ive done this before, but remember once an air bag is disabled the airbag light will flash when you start the car for about 15 seconds and will then go out. as supposed to not coding them off and it being on all the time.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise