80MM tip for the LCR - Cheap

cupra_r_ick

Jan 29, 2011
jake i completely agree, as does bill, hence why hes releaseing a v3 soon.
im not a bill bummer by any means. if im honest i have no moral issues with buying the CM tip, because money saved in my pocket is better than in some one else. If it was a good fit and worked as it did, i wouldnt be sending it back.
i was more than happy with sfs tip, but i ****ed up, and i refuse to loose money to have what i had, so bit the bullet and went for the v2

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Rick,

do you have logs from the sfs to bills to the cm?

or is it just rubish in terms of fit?

lets face it, even if a tip is 4 ply its still beter than the oem tip for sure.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I not **** loads of people uses not only there hoses but carrier adapters with no issues what so ever, and a sense of hypocritism is going on as the ones that talk about cheap product are promoting cheap products which i have no issue with , lets see performance figures compared to b5 before makin judgements its what im sayin .

loyalist bill will aswell claim b5 tip is the be all and end of tips but fact is the only small head port 1.8t to make running 300+ bhp on a nikis dyno runnin a stock k04 was a sfs tip which is suppose to also be shite compared to b5 tip

you would be talking bollocks here...... :rofl:

If looking to make Bs claims, compare the right fecking products eh?!?!?1 duh!

SFS when compared to mine originally by SFS in their piss poor attempt to self promote was the V1 3" TIp not the 80mm V2 TIP which I currently sell.. and which most certainly does not loose out performance to anyones large bore intake.

;)
:p

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
... ask yourself if it is on sale for £99 and is the same quality as Bills then there is a massive profit margin for someone out there?

Now, to put you STRAIGHT here.. [:@]

For retail £99, you are not getting the same quality parts and materials. End of.
Its Impossible.
Mine costs me more to get made than they retail it at.... so make of that what you will..
Same quaity, no. I have seen it touched it and it is not the same quality.

Buy cheap fakes if you like... its your money

Profiteering I am not, I can assure you.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
depends how bang on a copy it is and what bill has patented really, patents can be a grey area,

you can argue that is there a big difference between bills, cm and sfs tips interms there all 3" if you have a good budget then buy bills, sadly not all of us can spend £200+ on a tip, so have to look for different options.

Since when was mine £200+?
get it right - lol
£149+vat

:D

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
depends how bang on a copy it is and what bill has patented really, patents can be a grey area,

you can argue that is there a big difference between bills, cm and sfs tips interms there all 3" if you have a good budget then buy bills, sadly not all of us can spend £200+ on a tip, so have to look for different options.

its a blatent copy. no if's and's or but's

Infringed Copyright most certainly

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
I take it you have the ali adaptor patented, surely you can't patent a 80mm intake pipe or every one would be suing each other,

Sorry bill I though it was priced at £250

Apologies,

The only way to settle this would be an independent to use all there on the same car same day same rollers,

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
this comparison is pointless
quality is completely different..

full induction kit you are confused with..

Copyright.. Not Patent

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Immitation is the best form of flattery.;)
I still don't get how somebody that actually produced the first available large bore Tips for all, taking time to design, develop and prove the gains, has to loose out to the pretenders that contributed nothing to it and this is on the very site where alot of the work was done. Considering the help that he gives out to fellow enthausiasts on here its mind numbing but there you go.:stars: well done for supporting our own guys.:clap:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I was wondering how long this would take to get a bit out of line lol

So just because someone on the site has made it we should all buy that part no matter what the price is??? I don't think so lol.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Brand loyalty is fine,

But in the big wide world, money talks,

Hence why there is so much competition between things like remaps, coilovers air filters etc.

The same competition also improves products,

I haven't seen either so I can't judge, but I have in the past used forge and also the autobahn88, sfs and there all good product, and you very rarely hear of any fail,

It's perfectly fine for bill to stand up for his product and and naysay the competitors we all do it, but this passion can also come across the forum as quite abrupt and would put me off as a customer.

seano83

May 24, 2012
Has anyone got a rr print out before and after a b5? I've got one but not fitted yet! They had a print out on the web site but the outside temp was 12 dec less when testing the b5 so the power would of been more!

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I havnt got either of the products but will be ordered one of them.

Years ago when I had a 106 gti me and a friend both brought 4-1 manifolds he decided to buy a super sprint one what was 500 and mine I decided to give the little guy a try and brought a race land one which was 148.

Granted when we both got them the super sprint welds were tidier but we both agreed that it wasn't much just. Ring abit picky. So we both had a rr before and after we fitted them and guess what......mine made more power for a 1/3of the price.

That's just my 2p little off topic but u get my point

Last edited:

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
you would be talking bollocks here...... :rofl:

If looking to make Bs claims, compare the right fecking products eh?!?!?1 duh!

SFS when compared to mine originally by SFS in their piss poor attempt to self promote was the V1 3" TIp not the 80mm V2 TIP which I currently sell.. and which most certainly does not loose out performance to anyones large bore intake.

;)
:p

Not talking bollocks at all mate fact , Adams k04 car is only bam motor to crack 300 bhp with stock turbo with sfs tip results speak for them selves so in performance terms its more than adequate

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
I was wondering how long this would take to get a bit out of line lol

So just because someone on the site

s made it we should all buy that part no matter what the price is??? I don't think so lol.

Exactly the fact is if bill your so confident of your product why are making a cheaper on
e ?

The fact is no 1 is disputing the work u put in and your product will always sell just there other alternatives .

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.