Clicking Clutch

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Can i get my pedal rewelded or would i have to get a new one?

Is there anything to distinguish a Pedal Box going to a Clutch Pedal going apart from the White Clip coming off for the Pedal Box and the Weld going for the Clutch Pedal as with both problems all i got was pedal stuck to the floor?

I did get the White Clip came off when my Pedal Box went so i wonder if thats the way to tell?

Last edited:

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
hey mate, does it click when you bring the pedal back up? sometimes on the down too.

Mine did this for about a year, then a few weeks ago made a badder noise. I put the car off the road, and its still off, waiting for a wee white clip thing to come into stock for the brake pedal. I'll hopefully post up a "how to" once i've got the part,

so far its only cost me about £30 for a new box, but it was under staff dicount. Also I know that the new box will prossibly brake too, as its more or less the same, though perhaps better material, and certainly neater spot welds with smaller fusion zones. but if it lasts another 5 years, i'll be happy.

Here's the pic of what mine looked like, you take off the plastic cover and stick your head under to see this.

IMG_5840Large.jpg

HTH
JAmes

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
hey mate, does it click when you bring the pedal back up? sometimes on the down too.

Mine did this for about a year, then a few weeks ago made a badder noise. I put the car off the road, and its still off, waiting for a wee white clip thing to come into stock for the brake pedal. I'll hopefully post up a "how to" once i've got the part,

so far its only cost me about £30 for a new box, but it was under staff dicount. Also I know that the new box will prossibly brake too, as its more or less the same, though perhaps better material, and certainly neater spot welds with smaller fusion zones. but if it lasts another 5 years, i'll be happy.

Here's the pic of what mine looked like, you take off the plastic cover and stick your head under to see this.

IMG_5840Large.jpg

HTH
JAmes

Yeah it does it when it comes back up but its quieter like that!

I was going to have a go tonight but dont really know what im looking for :(

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
Might be a different bit thats failed though, I think there are a few weak points.

JAmes

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I have just spoken to the garage and they said they have checked the clutch, taken the undertray out to have a proper look and the pedal box and clutch pedal all look ok

They said the clip is all still there and the noise is probably just the brake line switch or something?

Anyway they said not to worry as there doesnt look like there is any cracks or anything and to see how it goes

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Yeah changing gear, Sometimes does it not go into gear or tight getting into gear?

Just reading back through this thread and can't believe it's 6 years on and my pedal still makes a click!

In answer to your question (if you still use the forum) is that yeah sometimes it's hard to get into gear or it's tight. Reverse is the worst one...i kinda thought maybe it was time for a new clutch altogether? :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.