What coilovers would you recommend?

CarlosMk3

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Seat's so not really sure what to go for at the moment.

What coilovers would you recommend? I don't want to go too low and still want it to be comfortable in terms of ride as I use the car day to day.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
If you're not going to deck it then maybe some nice springs and shocks?

My mate has the weitec spring and shocks on his LCR, it sits at a decent height and is smooth as anything!

I have the weitec coilies and it sits nice and low but as you would expect coilovers=rough ride regardless of the brand.

CarlosMk3

Have you got pictures of your mates car?

I've heard of coilies that are very similar to standard when it comes to ride just not sure what brands etc.

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
Depends on what you intend to use the car for. I had kw var2 and they were amazing. But not cheap. Weitec coilovers are a good price comfy kit.

CarlosMk3

Depends on what you intend to use the car for. I had kw var2 and they were amazing. But not cheap. Weitec coilovers are a good price comfy kit.

I use the car day to day and roads in Bristol aren't great. I'll look in to those 2 then.

Thanks mate

speters2001

Jul 30, 2011
kw variants are very good but have nice price i have fk's and they are pretty good for the price

Hazg40

May 10, 2009
I've got JOM's on my cupra so that I could get through an MOT in a hurry, which did satisfy the test, however the ride is bouncy and harsh. I had some FK's before that which I couldnt fault but did start to leak after 4 years hence the change. As someone else said before the best suspension I had was on my VR6 golf and that was Eibach springs and KYB uprated dampers not coilovers.
My friend has some very exspensive coilovers cant remember exactly what series but they were the best KW variant available a year ago, they rode perfectly and were extreme comfortable even when very low but only if your prepared to spend silly money

CarlosMk3

Thanks for the input guys. May have to look in to eibach springs as I've heard nothing but good things about them. Which uprated dampers would work well with them?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.