cobra exhausts?

DMackie

Oct 3, 2008
Aberdeen
I remember hearing a similar thing with the blueflame DP and the dent was there on purpose to stop it hitting the subframe, might be wrong though.

kevinking2020

Feb 23, 2011
Herne Bay, Kent
I know it won't affect performance as the dent is outside and i just dont want to wait another two days to get a new one hmmmm don't know what to do. I'm just being impatient and want it fitted.

kevinking2020

Feb 23, 2011
Herne Bay, Kent
It's does look like it's meant to be there and the seller has just got back to me saying it's meant to be there so im happy with that, just waiting on heat wrap so can wrap it and then fit it :)

rydogg09

lcr ry
Feb 5, 2012
dont know whether to decat my car or get a sports cat and downpipe if i kept the standard downpipe with decat would it be louder than sports cat and downpipe? also with the spacer in with the decat will the engine managment light cum on or is it a permanent cure and it wont cum on. does decat give you any more power or would the sports cat? also why do people heat wrap em thanks plz help cheers

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
Not sure about the baffles in the tailpipes.. maybe just becauses it's going from 3" single pipe from the backbox to a split Y shape then to 2no 3" pipes.?

Whatever it is... it has worked a treat.. :)

image-11.jpg

image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-14.jpg

Much happier, now just need to get it lowered ASAP
hello i am on the verge of ordering the cobra sport system but i see you changed the tail pipe is that the cobra twin option rather than oval and how is it attached did you have to cut or anything i cant choose between twin or oval:confused:
Hel

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
Decided on the oval non res back box and non res centre cobra but will keep standard down pipe and cat on my lc it arrived today and i will fit it it thursday if i can figure out how to do it i will post a picture

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Its not that hard. Cut the original catback (there is no other way), and cut the exhaust holder right after the cat. Remove the 4 bolts for the mid section holder (the V shape bracket) and remove the cat back.

Fitting the Cobra is pretty straightforward. I used 2 axle stands on the rear beam and a jack at the front.

CupraCraig225

May 11, 2012
Leicester...ish
Just ordered my cat back non resonated 2.5". Still with standard DP and cat. Be fitted by Sunday Hope its not too loud... ?

Anyway will post videos from inside and outside the car, must also start my RR [B)]

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Just ordered my cat back non resonated 2.5". Still with standard DP and cat. Be fitted by Sunday Hope its not too loud... ?

Anyway will post videos from inside and outside the car, must also start my RR [B)]

This is the dilemma i'm facing. Either this or the resonated miltek catback. Both with the standard dp and cat fitted. Get vids up as soon as its fitted mate.

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
I ordered a cobra but was tempted by a offer of miltek cat back anMd;) stage 1 map for £578 at a tuning company in essex bit far away though

CupraCraig225

May 11, 2012
Leicester...ish
This is the dilemma i'm facing. Either this or the resonated miltek catback. Both with the standard dp and cat fitted. Get vids up as soon as its fitted mate.
I'll get them up as soon as I can pal. I was thinking about a miltek but my mate had one on his golf and it was way too quiet even without a res :shrug:
I ordered a cobra but was tempted by a offer of miltek cat back anMd;) stage 1 map for £578 at a tuning company in essex bit far away though

It is quite far away tbf. Where abouts in leicester are you?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.