I've done it!!! LCR door locks fixed!!!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I'm too euphoric not to shout this from the roof tops - I have a success story about my stupid LCR door locks.

For months I've had a rear door that would only unlock/lock when it wanted, 7 out of 10 times it refused to work and after forgetting to take the child lock off the door became permanently locked!!

Drivers door lock was also playing silly beggers, would always lock but sometimes would not unlock......and when you have the de-locked mod it becomes quite tiresome stood out in the summer rain pressing lock, unlock, lock, unlock until the door opens!!

So onto ebay I go and order replacement door locks (not OEM, but they look/built well)

Drivers door is a nightmare, but doable with the right tools and enough coffee - I thought to myself the rear door will be so much easier but NO, the rear door is a complete pain!! Whoever designed the rear windows and their winding mechanism needs packing full of heavy bricks and tripping into a canal.

Anyhow, after much swearing and self-evaluating the car I can safely say it is all working at long last. It locks and it unlocks.

I wanted to do a proper guide to put up here but with the UK weather I was either working in the rain or rushing like a mad one when I saw Mr evil black cloud coming.

Well done me!!

Credits:

wire_gal
Tobacco
Coffee
Door trim removal tool
Double jointed-arms

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Sound mate... I've got to do my passenger front at some point ... I've so far put it off for 3yrs :D

From my nightmare experiences you have picked the best door out of the lot here.

The front windows detach much much easier than the rears, plus you have less to disconnect on the front passenger door than the drivers door.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise