mk2 beeza rally build

nog986

Mar 14, 2008
N. Ireland
respray1.jpg

nog986

Mar 14, 2008
N. Ireland
Ok, so im sorry, life has a funny way of getting in the way of projects but progress has started again. I will try to keep the updates coming in from now on !!

nog986

Mar 14, 2008
N. Ireland
Nice progress - and loving the rear Proflex - where did you get the rear beam bearings? Fancy a set of those myself...

Cheers.

The rear beam mounts are a protoytpe set at the moment designed by "Daved" from the club gti forum. Its taken some time to actually get them to the stage they are at now. Im financing the materials and machine costs Dave has done the drawings and organised the machining and quality control checks.

Im just waiting for delivery of them now to get them fitted.

Dave may organise a production run if they prove to be good. ( But we know they will be good!!) ;)

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Cheers.

The rear beam mounts are a protoytpe set at the moment designed by "Daved" from the club gti forum. Its taken some time to actually get them to the stage they are at now. Im financing the materials and machine costs Dave has done the drawings and organised the machining and quality control checks.

Im just waiting for delivery of them now to get them fitted.

Dave may organise a production run if they prove to be good. ( But we know they will be good!!) ;)

Cool - if more sets are made, I'll have some. Got some VWM Polo Rally bushes in there presently which are like GpN, standard looking but harder rubber. But eventually they will give up and their not available anymore.
Rob

nog986

Mar 14, 2008
N. Ireland
I know where you're coming from.
It can be difficult to get the VWM parts now. It seems to be a case of adapt and make your own.
My old golf was fitted with the bearing type mounts and they made such a difference to the car. You are in more direct contact with the surface of the track and can get a much better feel from the car.
The ones for the Ibiza are based around the VWM units.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members