Aero blade rebuild

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Had to change the long front wiper blade on my car, bought a Bosch replacement from G+S but it didn't really match the factory blade. I had a look at the design and found the rubber blade section is the same as on old cars, so I dismantled the old factory blade and the new Bosch one and reassembled the Seat one with the new Bosch rubber blade slid into it. Used a small flat blade screwdriver to remove the endcaps, the aero elements just pull off and stretch back on. Result is new blade with factory design at 1/2 price. :)

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
must admit, i did this with wiper blades on my old FR
i bought the wrong ones by mistake, rather than taking them back i swapped the rubber strips over.

Feb 8, 2011
Shame you can't buy the rubber strips on their own. I always used to do this with the old style wiper blades.

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
What I'm saying is you CAN use a £2 refill for an old type wiper blade in the new Aero type blade, but it has to be dismantled carefully first. I took the Bosch blade I bought apart and found it was just a fancy version of the old type blade after all.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Ohhh I understand you know. I thought you were just referring to the cheaper aero wipers but now I see what you mean.
I have a set of cheaper £20 aero ones and the clips are brute ugly, far more visible from the inside :(

Good to know then, that refills are an option!

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Yes, you can keep the factory low profile aero blade but sidestep the silly money replacement from the dealer by fitting just the rubber wiper bit - result.

Deleted member 67732

i fitted the bosch flat ones from this company,no fiddleing about, just a straight swap over.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Closer to £40 from Seat - there was a price increase lately.
I got a direct replacement set of Valeo's from a local parts shot for £23.

Click-off, click-on, if you get my drift!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.