Big Brake Discussion

Poverty

The 370mm 4 pot TTRS setup will fit over some 18" alloys.

People are fitting that setup on the s3 for example, and the TTRS comes with 18's as standard.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Cupra is 340mm single piston and they weigh a ton (caliper and disc). Cupra R uses the same kit. There is a small difference in the FL and Pre FL Cupra although nothing much more than how the kit looks.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yeah the MK1 Cupra R had Brembo brakes. That being said, the MK2 Cupra brakes were more powerful. Not sure if the OEM MK2 Cupra brakes would stand up as well as MK1 LCR brakes on a track though - having said that I have only driven a MK1 LCR on a track with 2 piece discs and uprated pads with the Brembo's and not with OEM discs and pads.

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
agreed even a bit too good to be smooth sometimes

I find they are awesome wen used hard but way to sharp at top of the pedal. It takes a few stops to re adjust wen I get in the car on the weekend. It's funny watching somebody else drive my car for the 1st time, always hang on n wait for the hefty jolt forwards :lol:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
First time I drove my first MK2 Leon Cupra, the same thing happened. I remember using the brakes as I did in the old car and almost hitting the windscreen :lol:

Poverty

I drove shanek1's Cupra the other day and did the same thing, even though I knew about it fully well. Some people don't like the over servoed brakes but I wish my TT was more like it!

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
First time I drove my first MK2 Leon Cupra, the same thing happened. I remember using the brakes as I did in the old car and almost hitting the windscreen :lol:

On my 1st test drive I drove then my Mrs swapped to drive with the salesman in the bac, he leant forward to point to something as she braked for a roundabout, and smashed his face on the plastic seat bac :lol:
Its always good to get one over on a salesman, although it probably didn't help the negotiations as I laughed at him a lot :lol:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
i am not impressed with the FR brakes! id love to have something on there that wants to put me through the windscreen on the lightest push of the pedal!

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
The 345mm Cupra setup works quite well on the track.
Mine had a good workout at Croft last week with stock discs and pads and they coped very well without any real fade. 10 laps on the bounce with 110-120mph braking zones in a 350bhp car. Performance pads would give better braking but the discs wouldnt cope with the heat. The vents are narrow and not designed to move the air well.

They feel very sharp on the public roads but you cant compare them to a propper performance setup on the track. Had a run out in a P1 with AP 6 pots and the braking force was immence in comparison !!

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Spotted these bad boys on the BTS Racing GmbH Facebook page:-

531451_432553383456392_1445389459_n.jpg

Can't find any other info on them though.

Last edited:

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Nice set of ceramic's there.... Looking at a good few grand by the looks of it.

Fish

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise