Suj's S14a 200sx....Has been replaced.....Now Sold!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nope - degrees

Settings.jpg

-1.59 plays -2 up front

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Yeah so that is 1degree 59mins (near enough 2degrees)

on the rear camber left side is 1degree 12mins (1.2degrees), right side is 1degree 8mins (1.13333degrees).

Want to discuss further, feel free to contact Kev at Aline :)

Also eitherway it was setup again today anyway, will get pic up before Germany if I get time, as the height I was running at was catching arch way too much, so had to raise the whole car :(

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I only asked as he'd got it really close on all the others - mostly right in the middle of the setting (which most places don't bother with)

Just wondered if something else was bent, or out of adjustment that was all. Certainly not going to phone someone up....

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
BTW, I did not mean it in a rude way or nothing, just I know a little bit about alignment, but not to extent that he does, hence me saying call him :)

I did ask him today when he was setting it back up why sometimes he cannot get bang on, he said sometimes it can be a compromise, so say if he wants zero out toe, when he does it, he cannot get camber to figure he wants, just not enough adjustment for example, could be a factor?

Like for example, on my standard arms he couldn't get camber back to 1degree or then i'd have loads of toe (cannot remember if negative or positive), so to compromise I had to run 2.5degrees rear (so I put standard springs back on).

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Still liking your attention to detail bud. Need to catch you at a track day to have a ride ;)

Deffo degrees and minutes, I would have got it to the second though :happy:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Still liking your attention to detail bud. Need to catch you at a track day to have a ride ;)

Deffo degrees and minutes, I would have got it to the second though :happy:

Thanks Luke, yeah mate I need to get my ass into more UK track sessions next year, I was too busy setting myself target for bits for this Ring trip, after I get brakes on tomorrow morning and bed them in, I have done it (well exceeded my original list on my phone lol).

Since I sorted boost leak (which I even think leaked as far as my last trip over) has transformed the car, I love driving it at the moment, as before it felt sluggish and I had to work so hard to get it moving, now it is scaring me LMAO hahahah.

FOSSIL FUELS

Lovely cars... never been a fan of the cream leathers tho...

Defiantly worth every penny.

SR20DET engines ... cant be beaten.

Last edited by a moderator:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Wish I had a car I enjoyed driving.......backside into gear soon!

Yeah, pull your finger out and get the car ready :D We all miss it man :love:

Lovely cars... never been a fan of the cream leathers tho...

Defiantly worth every penny.

SR20DET engines ... cant be beaten.

Thanks, I wasn't a big fan of the cream leathers, but car came up well priced, and grew on me, as it makes it so much lighter inside (I have been in both my mates S14 and S14a's which had black leathers) so I don't really mind :)

Yeah such a strong engine if well maintained, on SXOC there is a few people running 370bhp on standard internals which is crazy seeing as it was 200bhp standard lol.

FOSSIL FUELS

Hell... I know they are strong engines as I run the sr20 engine in my track almera.

But I wouldn't want to go over 300bhp on stock internals... too risky.
Bottom end oil starvation on low rpms.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
The DE is different from the DET though (as you will know).

I disagree, bottom end starvation is due to a poor maintained engine (not serviced correctly / not using correct oil for car's use).

My mate in his S14 had a standard engine, but was serviced right and he ran a GT2871R with all the right mods, was 360bhp, ran it for 2 years, included many trackdays and 'Ring trips, was still running spot on when he sold it.

Log onto SXOC and see how many people are running standard engines and >300bhp you will be shocked by their reliability :)

Anyway I got steering wheel on and Grooved Discs and Yellowstuff pads on all round again, tomorrow is just getting ready, packing car up ready to go :)

See you guys in over a week :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Harsh Brummy harsh...Na Thurs morning mate, we need to meet up at Cov meet when I am back, been ages dude :love:

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
'Ring Trip 2012 Done

So I am back now, what a great trip I had, will do a bit of a write-up.

Drive Over
Drive over was long as usual, but full of jokes and randomness as usual, got to Germany about 8pm, unpacked cars and straight off to Pinocchio's to get a massive Pizza and Beer lol.

Day One
So on the journey in, I was getting judder from the front brakes, which was not confident inspiring, so I decided to take them apart and check what was up, I forgot to put on the shims off the old pads, so I swapped it over, bled brakes again and greased up sliders etc on rear, but by now it was closed (well not long left) so decided not to go out.

Then we was off to Comfy Corner to see the legend Jörg, who had us a table reserved, what a legend :D

Day Two
Went out, sighting lap to get used to the new mods over last year, wow the car felt soooo great I loved it.

Did like 4laps that day and it was all good, so much fun.

Our mate popped down in his E46 M3, setup amazingly and he has done 1000's of laps, he took me for a passenger lap, wow is all I can say he is an amazing driver, he has done 7:30 lap BTG (Bridge To Gantry) before in that car, engine wise it is standard, just all handling and braking mods and a great alignment :D

Day Three
Was soaking this day, went out for 1 lap but it was so wet, loads of people were crashing and parts were closed, bikes got told they will not be allowed out etc, so most of use called it a day, didn't want to go off and crash.

Day Four
Now the next few days are all evening sessions, 2hours for next 2 days, then 1hour for 2 after that.

We got out, was a bit wet today still, I did another lap, not much to talk about, apart from drifting most of the lap as was that wet lol.

Day Five
Stupidly amazing weather all day, was like 24degree's the whole day, evening session opened and was gorgeous.

Did some of my best laps ever, confidence was there, but car now being pushed a bit more still felt too soft, so really do need stiffer springs (I am running 5 and 4kg.mm, I have 6's in shed, might get 8's if needed and put 6's on back, also I need to adjust the ARB's to lever them more).

Was so good though despite still a bit roll-y, a million times better from last year, I was doing quick laps doing a lot of local guys etc.

Day Six
1 hour session, and weather was dry, but was raining in morning, so was a bit cautious on first lap out to sight any rain etc so I know where to avoid, but was dry so all good.

Went out, going a bit quicker, a lot more confidence, but was quite busy, so couldn't really got many hot laps out.

Day Seven
So today was meant to be another 1hour session, but it was actually open at 5.45pm, so was about 1.5hours long.

So out I went, it was very quiet, so I could open her up and had such good laps, took some mates out who said good things which was good.

I did a final lap just before it closed, got stuck in some traffic but did a 9:03 BTG time, which I was well happy with, as it was 2nd lap I ever timed (first was earlier in week, and was a 9:40, but that was getting my feet). Thought I may of been in the late 8's, but I am happy with that to be honest, as I even got some praise off some Germans too :D (ego booster lol).

All in all, great trip, gutted I missed that full first day, but I am glad brakes were working spot on, i'd rather that really :)

Car Mods Conclusion
Was a million times better than last year, so much more predictable, the alignment made it feel much better.
But was still a bit too soft, and I could go for more camber front and back really.

Brakes were good, but not good enough really, so this will need addressing, I was thinking Z32 / GTST rear 2pots (shoes for handbrake) and R33 GTR Brembo front brakes with GTR BMC too to even it out, should be a great upgrade over now.
Or I might go for Evo Brembo front's, as a few people make brackets for them now :D

Definitely will be getting R33 GTR wheels (forged) 17x9 ET30, and put on some R888's or Federal 595RSR's.

Stiffer springs, the coilovers were 6 and 5kg.mm to start with, but I went a bit softer and got 4's and put 5's on fronts, but I can get 8's and put the 6's on rear, so that will be good.

That's it really, so not much more needed, brakes will make a massive difference, the E46 M3 was running AP front and back, and WOW what a difference it made!!!

425071_10151977112820217_1906069964_n.jpg

375704_10151977114315217_367570505_n.jpg

576088_10151977115305217_1061179163_n.jpg

524161_10151977118285217_1091097325_n.jpg

523678_10151977117670217_7722769_n.jpg

179132_10151977212810217_1167351859_n.jpg

391463_10151977114550217_1283182484_n.jpg

396834_10151977211400217_941301514_n.jpg

251982_10151977212375217_1472171797_n.jpg

524128_10151977244495217_757740108_n.jpg

563449_10151977235105217_2053932596_n.jpg

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks Jase, yep was a great trip, shame I am now back in work :( lol wow time flies :)

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks Jordan, yeah car is great and so much fun.

Yep, totally agree about the E46, it is just another level, properly done and an amazing driver behind it too!!

Also in other news, car might be going up for sale.

It is amazing, and I have done LOADS of mods in space of a year (I was totalling up costs...wow lol), but I just miss Naturally Aspirated fun, not a big turbo fan (I know I got a 200sx, kind of dumb lol) but it was one of those cars I always wanted to own.

Will put up a for sale thread soon, and also details of what it should be replaced with, not the quickest cars, but I car more for handling really, and I have formulated a plan, to make it a more all-out track car, than a weekend and track car in one. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members