Does Your Ibiza Cupra Burn Oil? Please Vote

Does Yours Burn Oi?l

• YES

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • NO

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
Dec 3, 2009
Just got my car back from the dealership. They did a oil consumption test and found out it uses to much oil. They are sending out the data to SEAT HQ.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
A good thread, but the questions should really be more specific. Mine is quite good and uses less oil than quite a few on here. The thing is it is still more than I think it should be at 1ltr every 2.5-3k miles.

Should be....

no oil usage
Over 1ltr every 500 miles
Over 1ltr every 1000 miles
Over 1ltr every 2000 miles
Over 1ltr every 5k miles
Less than 1ltr every 5k miles.

:)

meccanic1

Hi, Forgot to check my oil for a while and the light came on, when i did check it was right at bottom of dipstick !!!! Just over a litre to top up. I have recorded the mileage and will be keeping a closer check on it, and maybe a trip to Seat. 11 plate Car on 15k approx 800 miles till light came on.

Aug 3, 2011
Checked mine yesterday (do it bi weekly usually)

Its not used any in a good while, prior to the service but since the service (1094 miles ago) its now registering 6/10 of the dipstick. Can only assume the oil they put in @ service isnt as good as the oil I've been putting in it(Castrol Edge). Not great but way above Seats "reccomendations".

Jay

brokendown

11 plate bocanegra, goes from full mark on dipstick to oil light on dashboard in 900 miles.

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
11 plate bocanegra, goes from full mark on dipstick to oil light on dashboard in 900 miles.

That doesnt sound good at all mate, atrip to the stealers if i were you.

A little up date... we took the plunge and here's the final deal that we got

Car...........£12975
our car......£2000
1 year warrenty
2 free services
1 year breakdown cover
and wait for it.............................a full tank of fuel!!!!!!!!!! lol

There may have been a bit more in the deal but i dont think he would have given it, off to pick it up tommorow afternoon so watch this space for my opinion.

Aug 3, 2011
I wouldnt wait on the oil light. thats not a low light thats a low pressure light, means its probs been running empty a while.

Good deal Cocodave. I had the same(more warranty as its an 11plate) with GAP insurance in as well.
Jay

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
That doesnt sound good at all mate, atrip to the stealers if i were you.

A little up date... we took the plunge and here's the final deal that we got

Car...........£12975
our car......£2000
1 year warrenty
2 free services
1 year breakdown cover
and wait for it.............................a full tank of fuel!!!!!!!!!! lol

There may have been a bit more in the deal but i dont think he would have given it, off to pick it up tommorow afternoon so watch this space for my opinion.

Enjoy mate Hoofin little cars!:D