Got my FR checked out today for noises but....

Dec 3, 2009
So yeah took the motor into a different Seat dealer for odd noises.

Sadly that noise coming from the engine hasn't been fixed but the sound is kinda gone.... I'm guessing because the warm weather.....

Creaking noises from the rear kinda still there but the tech dude put some of this lube stuff on the seals.... So need check that later.

Finally.....

Dealer has said my engine is drinking a lot of oil now.... So got it topped up (2litres)... But need to come back in after 1000 miles so they can send a report to Seat HQ about the oil consumption. So basically had the 2nd service done in dec time until end of may the car has drank a lot of oil. So I've done about 6,000miles within 5 months.

Good service from this dealer and tech dude pretty friendly.
:whistle::rolleyes::blink:

Last edited:

AL90

Dec 14, 2011
Sheffield
welcome to the replaced engines club lol.
glad you found a decent dealer mate.

meby if you get a new engine the noise will go too?

Dec 3, 2009
welcome to the replaced engines club lol.
glad you found a decent dealer mate.

meby if you get a new engine the noise will go too?

Haha...... Sadly I had the motor for like 2 and half years now. So I'm guess the engine has been good to me. Although I've done about 21,500 miles. Which is pretty low. Defo, they just recently opened before they were SAAB.

Hopefully the noise will go then, if not time to look for a different motor. I'm thinking JDM.

Last edited:

AL90

Dec 14, 2011
Sheffield
ah right. yeh, i think most of them were failing around 13000 miles.
nice one. where abouts u based?

Dec 3, 2009
ah right. yeh, i think most of them were failing around 13000 miles.
nice one. where abouts u based?

Yeah..... I'm suprised my first dealer didn't say anything about the low engine oil to me.....

Based in Edinburgh. Top service from the Seat dealer here like... Even the tech dude knows whats he talking about. I think he knows about the low oil problem too.

Deleted member 35176

Dont say that, on 13700 now...running on borrowed time

AL90

Dec 14, 2011
Sheffield
Yeah..... I'm suprised my first dealer didn't say anything about the low engine oil to me.....

Based in Edinburgh. Top service from the Seat dealer here like... Even the tech dude knows whats he talking about. I think he knows about the low oil problem too.

always good to find one thats delt with problem before. I did with mine which made things a lot easier.

Dont say that, on 13700 now...running on borrowed time

haha, how many times per week you checking the oil mate? :p

Dec 3, 2009
Just got my car back from the dealership. They did a oil consumption test and found out it uses to much oil. They are sending out the data to SEAT HQ.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Dec 3, 2009
As you may all know, I took my car to the dealers on the 30th of July to carry further testing (asked by SEAT HQ) to the engine, due to the oil consumption. The dealer had my car for a week and can confirm that my engine uses far to much oil.

Got a call today from the dealer saying that they need to strip my engine and replace the cylinder heads later. So they would need my car for 2 weeks. Need to rebook my car on Monday.

Great service from Western Edinburgh Seat. Got a basic 5 door 2012 Ibiza for a week, free of charge too.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
As you may all know, I took my car to the dealers on the 30th of July to carry further testing (asked by SEAT HQ) to the engine, due to the oil consumption. The dealer had my car for a week and can confirm that my engine uses far to much oil.

Got a call today from the dealer saying that they need to strip my engine and replace the cylinder heads later. So they would need my car for 2 weeks. Need to rebook my car on Monday.

Great service from Western Edinburgh Seat. Got a basic 5 door 2012 Ibiza for a week, free of charge too.

If they are only replacing the head then I don't think it will sort out the oil use.

I would check and make sure they are replacing the rings as a minimum and preferably the whole bottom end ( block , pistons, rings at least )

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
there is a modified crankcase breather pipe that has just been released that should fix the oil consumption issue on the 1.4 tsi engine,a tpi has just been released,there is no mention of piston ring or engine replacement anymore,
thought a few of you would be intrested in this
cheers

Aug 3, 2011
Interesting indeed. Mines going in for the bonnet recall I might ask them about this.

How long would it take to install? Assuming not long at all.
Jay

Last edited:

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
I would say it would take a hour or so,
2 things though,the oil consumption test still has to be carried out and the pipe is on backorder.

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
You dont need to email SEAT,if your cars in warranty then its covered,book in with a dealer,but as i said the part is on backorder,

Dec 3, 2009
Got my car back today all cleaned and washed for me... Great service from the dealer. Got my car rebooked in for the 27th of aug to take the engine apart etc, didnt really ask much about it and got a free car for 2 weeks.

It's all done under warranty, I wasn't really bothered about the oil consumption because I hardly drive much but my dealer was concerned about it, so they advised me to book it in for 1000miles test and shipped a report to SEAT HQ (took 4 days to get a reply and a phone call from the dealer to book my car in for another check) and then engine parts need replacing etc. So great service again and they only just opened in April too.... Lol

Last edited:

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Well I went to my dealers and they didn't know anything of it. However they said they will contact Seat and see what they say.

I think I'll email Sest my self to get the low down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise