anyone know anything on this leon cupra?

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
looking to buy this leon, really interested. however slightly put off that the previous owner lost the paperwork, there is a replacement from seat which shows history/recent cambelt change but not much on the mods. i cant decide between this or a mazda 3 mps which i can get for around the same price. let me know what you guys honestly think here is the ad:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...cupra-340-bhp-stage-2-revo-remapped/105545089

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
I saw this on Pistonheads a few days ago and had a good laugh. Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

With regards to a MK2 Cupra over and MPS - I'd take the Cupra every day of the week.

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
i wouldn't touch it tbh. bit cheap imo. ad seems a bit cagey about the details.

i could be wrong though lol. how close are you? you could always have a look at it.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
The guy selling it clearly doesn't know much about what he's trying to sell.

No paperwork, means no proof of whats happened. Lost? Or thrown away, who knows. I wouldn't buy it!!

Oh and its not a good idea asking people whether you should buy a leon or an mps on a seat forum haha :D you'll be told you should get a leon ;) equally if you ask on the mazda forum you'll be told to get an Mps!

Take both for a long test drive, and then you can make your own judgement :) but my vote goes to a leon, its better looking ;)

Dec 21, 2005
London
oh and the mps got best engine of the year a few times and is an excellent car very fast but I think the mazda may lose value pretty quick , faster than a standard cupra.

Last edited:

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Don't think the price is far away to be honest.
It's certainly worth a look if you live near and looking for one.
I must say the exhaust looks absolutely terrible totally spoils the car.

window60

Feb 19, 2008
Worcester
Im sure this was on ebay a month or to ago, iirc he took it in as part exchange but got no paperwork. Personally I would avoid.

Rich

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
thanks for the reply guys, yes it does seem suspisicous without paperwork! im not near at all either so would be travelling far to get there. i do like the mps i suppose its down to individual taste, im not new to seats either ive had a few before! i think i might look for another, i could contact revo to see when it was done etc, he says it has an spss controller aswell. decisions!

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
so revo cant check as i dont know the specific dealer, they seem to think it will be on a stage 2 and from the pictures the mods are all there, shame about the exhaust would look better with a rear k1 bumper so it fits better! could swap the backbox for another miltek though.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
another thing to consider (or maybe not depending on what type of person you are) is the insurance on that thing. Since you don't know EVERYTHING that's been done on it due to lack of paperwork and a seller who took it in p/x, your insurance is likely to be void because you'll probably miss off modifications.

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
another thing to consider (or maybe not depending on what type of person you are) is the insurance on that thing. Since you don't know EVERYTHING that's been done on it due to lack of paperwork and a seller who took it in p/x, your insurance is likely to be void because you'll probably miss off modifications.

ye i was thinking that also, dont worry i would find out everything. thats why i want to contact the previous owner if i can,

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
ye i was thinking that also, dont worry i would find out everything. thats why i want to contact the previous owner if i can,

Mate, there are other cars out there. If this isn't even particularly close I'd be tempted to give it a wide birth. It's been for sale all over the place and has either been bought and passed on or avoided. That should tell you enough.

Good luck if you go for it though, hope it works out.

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
Mate, there are other cars out there. If this isn't even particularly close I'd be tempted to give it a wide birth. It's been for sale all over the place and has either been bought and passed on or avoided. That should tell you enough.

he said he would take £6500 for it, seems way to low for me given the mods, just seems suspicious, maybe its too good to be true as you said.

window60

Feb 19, 2008
Worcester

Totally agree.

On a side note when I was looking for mine, I came across a privately selling Black 08 plate which looked spot on. Did a hpi check etc and was all clear, but three owners in the last 8 months did not add up to me. So I did a few hours of random googling and came across an advert from a salvage company 10 months old, and the car I was looking at was involved in some form of police pursuit. The car was damaged and repaired but never categorized.

Rich

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
Totally agree.

On a side note when I was looking for mine, I came across a privately selling Black 08 plate which looked spot on. Did a hpi check etc and was all clear, but three owners in the last 8 months did not add up to me. So I did a few hours of random googling and came across an advert from a salvage company 10 months old, and the car I was looking at was involved in some form of police pursuit. The car was damaged and repaired but never categorized.

Rich

does make you wonder! think i will steer clear to be honest!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.