APR review - Pic Heavy

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Yep APR HQ is your nearest place, There's a southern dealer in Crawley but thats still like nearly 5 hours away

i would go to milton for the reason being i like it there. i had family who lived there a few years ago and loved going to visit.

recently sold one of my bikes so i have a few k burning a hole in my pocket! just want to make sure i make the right decision!
can get a 3" downpipe off ebay for 150 quid! cant see why it wouldnt be as good as a £400 one else where and then go for a stage 2!

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Did APR take off the Forge DV spacer for you? Worst mod in the world !

hahahaha

i couldnt agree more. and now im strugging to sell mine. now i have a p-flo the noise is so much better! and far less annoying on less throttle.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
You wont be dissapointed!

and if you let us know when your coming up to MK, some of us will come down have a little mini meet

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
You wont be dissapointed!

and if you let us know when your coming up to MK, some of us will come down have a little mini meet

that sounds cool! i want to meet more people with tfsi engines and tuned ones too! i only know guys with PD engines and it makes it harder to know what i want to do to mine next, going by word of mouth on the net is hard to finalize my decisions with.

when i first got the car i was set on revo... then heard more and more horror stories. yet to hear anything negative about APR! and now ive seen curves and graphs to compare back to back.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Impressive stuff. Nice write up.

Any 1.8T's been done yet since they've been back? I'm not swapping, but keen to see how they've got on.

:)

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
ive come from a few years of TDI Tuning

Good friends with a few people at AwesomeGTI, who have always been APR Dealers (Apart from the year or so when they switched to REVO) and also most of there cars where running/Are running again now APR

When i bought my LCR i was going to go REVO because APR only had JBS as a dealer and i didn't want to travel that far, but then when i heard AwesomeGTI where coming back to APR i decided i wanted APR, then i found out APR HQ was 3 mins round the corner i was well happy!

Very happy with my APR Stage1 on my LCR, Goes like Stink (i cant compare it to any other 2.0Tfsi tuning as i haven't had anything else)

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
the LCR goes well to begin with! lol.

and the research beings. so far, they seem very impressive. no doubt, ill keep you guys informed with what i decide to go with! treated the FR to too much already this month with a new double din. a map will have to wait another few weeks now.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Nah the LCR felt very very tame compared to my old FR TDI, its hard to drive a Petrol when youve been used to lots of Torque in the past (472nm to be exact lol)

Stage1 APR'd LCR is a different animal

Jun 24, 2011
Sheffield
Did you get the badge as part of remap lol?

I'm thinking of getting my 2.0 TDi PD170 FR done @ APR in Doncaster next month :)

Last edited:

Poverty

Impressive stuff. Nice write up.

Any 1.8T's been done yet since they've been back? I'm not swapping, but keen to see how they've got on.

:)

Darren bartlett got Revo flashed onto his 1.8t polo about 7 weeks ago, and then at Inters switched to APR after testing it.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Do you reckon they'll do a deal to replace my Revo map?

The do offer a deal as you have a competitor map

Great review, What i have been trying to get across for a while is the service level these guys offer

When I was selling car on here that's what separated me from all the other dealers, and with APR I believe it will do the same for them

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
soon find out what their customer service is like after the essay of an email i just sent to them! lol.

if they end up tickling my fancy, i might take the 285 mile drive each way to see them!

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
soon find out what their customer service is like after the essay of an email i just sent to them! lol.

if they end up tickling my fancy, i might take the 285 mile drive each way to see them!

Mini meet FTW :)

sniperftw

Nice write up .... But revo were right, it wasn't there software :) are you looking at the itg/maf issue ?

Revo were right, it wasn't the software, but don't you think they should have offered a complimentary test to minds at ease?

sniperftw

I'm really glad to see you all enjoyed the read! It took me a good 3 hours to get just right so that i wasn't getting sued by revo, but still getting across the level of difference between the two!

Yeah Evan@apr is on here now, so i'm sure he will be happy to answer any questions you all may have!

On a lighter note;

No remapping doesn't take a day and a half! It's flashed in about an hour! They were just revisiting software, thus the wait!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise