anyone know anything on this leon cupra?

window60

Feb 19, 2008
Worcester
does make you wonder! think i will steer clear to be honest!

I will say I did find it hard to find one with the right mileage at the right price, but I did find one in the end. It took me about 3 months to find the correct one. keep looking and one will turn up.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
think i will steer clear to be honest!

That could be one of the best decisions you ever make!

As people have said, its too cheap, and been for sale for a long time, and no paperwork, it does sound like a dodgy car!

Take your time and make sure you find the right one :)

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
That's a members car off here I remember the exhaust

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=309602&page=4

so is this an avoid car? looks like everything was done on it, even the fuel pump! not sure if he got round to doing the clutch though...dont have any contact details for him, was he a decent member? i see hes banned now but had lots of posts so not sure if he was genuine? anyone on here know him or have any contact details for him?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
so is this an avoid car? looks like everything was done on it, even the fuel pump! not sure if he got round to doing the clutch though...dont have any contact details for him, was he a decent member? i see hes banned now but had lots of posts so not sure if he was genuine? anyone on here know him or have any contact details for him?

Yeah, Brad was a good guy actually. That car has had a lot of work done though. His HPFP basically broke off and trashed the original engine iirc. He didn't put the another HPFP on and ran the car @ Stage 2 - then flogged it.

I don't recall him having that ridiculous exhaust on though.

Here you go: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=328621

Last edited:

Poverty

Send me your facebook details and I can put you in touch with him

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
hi mate name is Joshua Churcher, [email protected]

he asked me if i wanted to view today, i think it had a new engine done know if thats good or bad, kind of not sure on this car has abit of shady history. phoned revo in daventry and they have no record of it beeing revo'd there, not sure where it was done as i would want some proof/invoice? any help would be great. Thanks

Dec 21, 2005
London
guys honestly I would give it a miss its cheap for a reason :) , dont be the one to find out what the reason is...

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
guys honestly I would give it a miss its cheap for a reason :) , dont be the one to find out what the reason is...

hmm i know, the guy who owns it now said it runs perfectly and welcomes an inspection/diagnostic check but just seems cheap. he said hes selling it cheap because some of the paperwork was lost etc. i do like the car but i want to see what else is on the market before i jump in, or maybe find out more on it.

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
thats just it not sure if it will be easy to sell on, does have paperwork for some things and log book/replacement book from seat. i have done some investigation and have found out the car was fixed under extended warranty but did not have a full engine replacement, it underwent a n engine repair so i assume cams etc. suprised brad didnt pass this onto the current owner. i assume they would have done a full check to see if everything was in order.

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
thats just it not sure if it will be easy to sell on, does have paperwork for some things and log book/replacement book from seat. i have done some investigation and have found out the car was fixed under extended warranty but did not have a full engine replacement, it underwent a n engine repair so i assume cams etc. suprised brad didnt pass this onto the current owner. i assume they would have done a full check to see if everything was in order.

Mate, I don't know how many times people are going to tell you the same thing. Things were suspicious before we knew the history of the car - now we know, we know it's had extensive engine repairs.

You seem to be trying to convince yourself to go for it :shrug:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yeah i have to agree! You asked peoples opinion and they nearly all said avoid it, yet you seem to be telling yourself its okay! Its had big engine repairs, why? It may go wrong again too.

Stop looking at it and find a genuine, all paperwork car. There are plenty out there to choose from! And if they're too expensive, save up until you can afford it :) the £1000 extra on a decent car is far less than the potential £7000 wasted on a car that has a dodgy history.

window60

Feb 19, 2008
Worcester
Mate, I don't know how many times people are going to tell you the same thing. Things were suspicious before we knew the history of the car - now we know, we know it's had extensive engine repairs.

You seem to be trying to convince yourself to go for it :shrug:

Totally agree. Seems like your looking for justification from forum members to buy the car.

Personally, I think you should be looking to spend between 9-10k on a 07-08 car (dependent on mileage).

Rich

Dec 21, 2005
London
Tell you what give SEAT UK a call and give them the reg they will tell you of any history or work it has had done also get the mot certificate number and check it on the mot history website you will then get more info on the car also drive it for a while even get on the motorway with it lol oh and offer him 6200 cash for a quick sale as its been up for a few weeks now.

Last edited:

churcherj

2006 Golf GTI K04
Jun 16, 2009
Southampton
Tell you what give SEAT UK a call and give them the reg they will tell you of any history or work it has had done also get the mot certificate number and check it on the mot history website you will then get more info on the car also drive it for a while even get on the motorway with it lol oh and offer him 6200 cash for a quick sale as its been up for a few weeks now.

think im going to take the advice and leave it mate seems like alot of hassle for what its worth. called around today to get more info, even people at revo and some of the traders on here. revo cant find where it was tuned, and the traders havent got back to me. like some of the others have said if its not selling now then i wont be able to shift the car when the time comes, or find it hard.