Mk2 Leon 140 TDI progress thread

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Thanks, no I just gave them a clean when I had them off after refitting the fog lights. Just had a look at your thread, you seem to be going the same way as me with the bumpers, pedals..etc. need to get an exhaust sorted for mine though!

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Love the little mods too, can't help myself, I'm always on the look out for some thing easy and cheap to do that will make a difference. Have you tried tinting before? I took the fogs off the car to do it, made it easier. I had enough film to have a couple of practises before I got it right

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Iv wraped a few things on my impreza so i guess a similar process. U thougt about tinting the rear lights. I did mine and they look boss. Cheap too. Spray ost like 7pounds on ebay.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Small update, replaced my headlight bulbs today with osram night breakers. Will see how they look in the dark tonight however they are a lot whiter looking now compared to my sidelights. Hopefully get the car booked in for a service soon at awesome, may price up a milltek while I am there.

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Mate i keep hearing that miltek use a bad grade on steel and rust after a short amount of time. Id be looking at custom made.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Just a small update, had a service at awesome recently and they discovered that my fuel filter was contaminated. After looking on here I came across volksmaster in bury so I took the car there as it is not far from where I live. They replaced a cv boot and did a brake fluid service with super blue brake fluid.

They also replaced the injector seals, ultrasonically cleaned the injectors and replaced the tandem fuel pump gasket. The injectors are now spotlessly clean! Don't no if it's just me but the car feels a lot better. I would definitely recommend volksmaster, they are a good bunch of lads and the service was spot on.

ABOO

Mar 22, 2007
DEWSBURY - W.YORKS
Your car looks spot-on pal!
How much did service @ Volksmaster cost out of interest. Probably a good bit of preventative servicing for me, as looking @ cars with around 90k on. How many miles are you on out of interest..

Last edited:

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Thanks for the comments, think I'm just over 80k, I got the full service done at awesome, the brake fluid service and cv boot was £120 at volksmaster.

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
quick update, was given some autoglym hd wax for my birthday so gave the car a good clean then applied the wax, think it looks pretty good. will be doing it again as i have also been given a car polisher/buffer.

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
another small update, painted my calipers red using some red smooth hammerite. Put quite a few coats on and has come up nice and shiny. I will be going to the Awesome Detailed summer bash on sunday so will put some pics up of that soon, hopefully will be as good as last year.

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_00742.jpg

Cmac7008

Alright mate. at the start of your thread it says that you made Sill protectors. Do you remember the sizes you used for them, was planning on getting some made.

Cheers

CraigM

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Hi, I had a spare sheet of gloss vinyl so just measured the depth of the sill and it's just a case of how long you want them. If they are too wide you can see them when the doors are shut. Think mine are 30mm wide

AdamNajak

Feb 20, 2013
Bolton
Love what you've done got same car as you bit mines a manual.
How mucb did your remap set you back im contemplating an awesome map for mine. How qas ur fule consumption after?
Also where did u get your peddles from?

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Hi, to be honest the fuel consumption is about the same however when you first get it mapped you do get a bit happy with the accelerator. I got the pedals off eBay, they do both pedals for the automatic and the manual, think they were around £50-£60

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members