Turbo Squeaking ?

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
I'm already having problems with my Cupra and might get engine replaced or hopefully new car. Apart from that, Today I noticed that my turbo is doing like a squeaking/squealing noise, it sounds like there's some leakage of air or something similar.
Anyone has had this problem please or you know what it could be ?
I'm seriously getting fed up of this car after only a year of own-age [:@]

Last edited:
May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
join the club lol got rid of my boc because of similar reasons, now ive got the lower power FR not a problem at all. i dont really know about the squeaking noise mine just kept clunking and clattering from the engine, hope everything gets sorted for you, i no how it feels to be in and out of the seat garage every week it isnt nice

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Its more than likely to be the super charger hydraulic pump chirping away. Does it for a while then fullt dies and car goes into limp mode. Had mine done 18 months ago

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
If it's a screech under throttle could be the VNT mechanism on the turbo, mine went that way with similar symptoms on my mk4

tapaspoke on Xperia Arc S

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
join the club lol got rid of my boc because of similar reasons, now ive got the lower power FR not a problem at all. i dont really know about the squeaking noise mine just kept clunking and clattering from the engine, hope everything gets sorted for you, i no how it feels to be in and out of the seat garage every week it isnt nice

Hi Jimmy,

How did you manage to get an FR
Did they change it for you ?
I'm asking cause I asked to my Seat dealer to change it for a Leon but he told me that there will be a 7,000 euros difference for me to do it and I obviously don't want to spend all that money after just 1 year of ownership of my car
This is really getting ridiculous and I really regret the moment that I signed the contract for this car

Deleted member 49882

On my first Boc, I had a similar problem. It almost sounded like a fan belt slipping. Turned out, a spindle in the turbo had broken so the turbo had to be replaced. Car never missed a beat after that and ran fine.

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
On my first Boc, I had a similar problem. It almost sounded like a fan belt slipping. Turned out, a spindle in the turbo had broken so the turbo had to be replaced. Car never missed a beat after that and ran fine.

did you finish getting your car replaced/changed too since you said " on my first boc " ?
I'm going in today so they can get it checked

Deleted member 49882

No, got turbo replaced under warranty and the car was fine after that. Held on to it for two years and then traded it for a new Boc. Have had no issues whatsoever with the new one either ... Going like a dream.

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
Just came back from their garage
Apparently some pipe blew off that's why it's making the noise
There's some leakage he said and gonna have to leave the car tomorrow so they fix it

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
no, i got a replacement boc, then sold that and bought the FR, the 1.4 engine handles 150bhp so much better than 180bhp, and i havent had any problems at all, oil is fine, and engine is running sweet! cant fault it at all :)

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
just got back my car today
apparently they had to change the intercooler pipe
now it's all fine apart from oil burning which case is still going

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.