2011 Leon Mk3

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I wonder if this new Leon will look individual enough so it's not simply a Toledo with a hatch.

exactly,

The Mk2 Leon stands out from the crowd as it’s a bit more ‘curvier’ than the other cars in its sector.
I like the way the rear quarter curves into the rear hatch and bumper, the front also looks ‘unique’ due to it not having the usual ‘smile’ for a grille.

The current Focus, Astra, Golf, A3 etc are a lot more angular and a bit ‘samey’ if you know what I mean.

The Mk3 Leon should build on the way the Mk2 is ‘different from the crowd’ otherwise we just end up with another identi-kit eurobox…….

Since I’ve had my Mk2 Leon, I notice more people looking/admiring as they walk/drive past because it’s a little different.

I even had a few work colleagues having a nosey in the car park, as i'm the only one with a Leon and it draws attention, in a good way.

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
Im guessing the front will be very similar, body and hatch etc will hopefully be very different.

Shame I don't like the square front of the new Tolly. Looks like I will be moving brands in a couple of years if so

Deleted member 74601

Meh, looks alright, nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Whatever floats your boat mate. Looks dated now though eh. So does the mk2 for that matter.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Not dated in my eyes personally. Cars haven't 'moved on' IMO enough, most hatches now are based on the same crappy angular oversized shape, new Astra and Focus both represent this vulgar styling. Golf MK6, woeful...

I don't really agree with newer is better these days as manufacturers seem to churn out any old shyte that's been designed by what looks like their 9 year old son. Getting less impressed each time a new car comes out with certain categories these days.

Oh well, at least there will always be Lamborghini, lol.

P.s not a hater of the MK2 Leon, it's quick and better equipped to cover ground quicker than my MK1 straights or twisties, I just don't like the looks too much but it's individual taste here :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Fair play. I dont always take to new design straight away myself but as a function over form guy, new wins over old every time for me as long as it is a better and more capable car.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Fair play. I dont always take to new design straight away myself but as a function over form guy, new wins over old every time for me as long as it is a better and more capable car.

I will give in eventually :lol:

S3 TFSI has been on the cards for a long time. Has to be speed blue though!

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
The more I look at it the more I like it. This new styling suits a car of this size much better than it does the Ibiza.

I had a Mk2 Leon before the facelift and I think the facelifted rear end of the Mk2 was a big improvement and the Mk3 has taken that a step further - when I see pre-facelift Mk2 Leons now they do look dated. Big fan of the straighter lines and I think it sits in a nice place between the A3 and the Alfa Guilietta.

If what Autocar was saying about the 1.8TSI (178BHP) being true then that will have massive potential for tuning and could make a very decent investment but I've a feeling I'll probably lean back towards the 2.0 TDi depending on how its priced against the Cupra.

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
I like the look of the mk3 much better than the mk2, which is a nice car but never looked quite right in my opinion

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I was quite impressed until I read they've removed the multi-link rear suspension that the current Leon has. The cost cutting strikes again, so I won't be buying one. Reckon the A3 is worth the extra unless this turns out to be massively cheap (it probably won't).