DerbyForget's - Candy Mk2 Leon FR TDI 170 *FOR SALE*

Mattaious

LOL if it's sound your after then a diesel probably wasnt the best option :p heh
well if that mot test is put into force it will be a visual check :) and as I've had mine removed from oem downpipe and welded up (out of sight) jobs a gudden ;) + should be looking at around 210-215 bhp -non smokey... but I think the biggest perk of DPF delete is that freeing up of the rev range like I mentioned before.

also I'm not sure about long term remaps with DPF fitted??? if someone could comment. could it possibly cause DPF issues??? with extra soot going down the exhaust? don't meant to scare you or anything matty

Bert

Haha, nah, I did some research before purchasing. I do around 65 mile round trip to work each day so thats why the diesel. Those journeys also give me the opportunity to regen my DPF if required. Ive had to do it before the remap.

I have a mate with a Golf GTD DPF delete, going to see how his goes. But yeh, the extra rev range would be good! Its also the cash to get it removed, I have been quoted about £350.

It will all pull together :)

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
18" BBS CH reps in Anthracite

well had the wheels fitted yesterday :D very pleased with them! powercoating turned out to be a little more expensive than i had first imagined but theyve done a top job, heres some pics after a quick wash...

DC962B08.jpg

54587942.jpg

82889A51.jpg

D2375637.jpg

82889A51-1.jpg

please excuse the poor quality iphone pics...

so what do you think??? next up on the list is, paint my calipers red :)

and since having these wheels its really shows just how high the standard ride height is :S going to purchace some lowering springs next month and fit them myself at work.
does anyone have any recommendations??? i was thinking Eibach Pro Kit (30mm all around) my budget is tops £200.. cheers for looking

Bert

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
TDI badges on the wings

What are peoples opinions on these???

93D2860D.jpg

DEE0A718-1.jpg

i bought them off ebay for over half the price of OEM ones, only problem is i think they are bigger than the OEM ones, im really not sure about them at the moment :S im of two minds. i do really like the thought of having the red TDI badges on the side though. but at £19.75 each! not sure i can justify them...

just wondered what other people think of them?

Cheers,

Bert

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Looks good, like the wheels. Have you fitted the springs yet? I went for the eibach sportlines, sits well now. Totally agree with you about the ride height with the bbs wheels on, mine was the same.

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Looks good, like the wheels. Have you fitted the springs yet? I went for the eibach sportlines, sits well now. Totally agree with you about the ride height with the bbs wheels on, mine was the same.

not fitted them yet mate. I'm looking at the pro kit or H&R, haven't decided yet though :S definately needs lowering :) will post pics once done. thanks for the comment on the wheels. you should look at getting yours powdercoated. really finishes them off

what does the DPF delete actually do

they basically remove your DPF filter in the exhaust. either by replacing your downpipe with a modified one that doesn't contain a DPF or by gutting the internals of yours and rewelding it up

The smaller ones would have been nicer lad :)

yeah I know! haha those badges stayed on for all of an hour! before I pulled them off n binned them lol

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
looking at getting the same springs, have to let us know how it affects ride,

Car looks awesome by the way!

cheers man :D well had the springs on a week now. car is definately more focused in the corners... not to true hot hitch levels lol but definately an improvement.

Hi mate, nice looking car you have, where did you get your reps? Cheers

thanks pal, I got them from 'selectrimsonline' on eBay pal. the bloke who sell them is a top man :)

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Nice one thanks for replying, I'll send him a message once I get rid of my old wheels from my Focus!

i might have my wheels for sale soon if your interested. will be a bit more expensive than just the reps as I've had mine professionally powdercoated too which wasn't cheap aha but if you are interested pm me mate

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
hi guys, im going to be selling some things as im returning my car to standard to fund a new hobby :D

following will be available (PM me for details etc) :-

OEM DPF Deleted Downpipe
Milltek cat back exhaust system
18" BBS CH reps professionally powder coated (wheels only)
eibach PRO kit lowering springs. only a few hundred miles used - practically brand new!
K&N panel filter again practically brand new in box. mint cond

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members