vortex exhaust

jorgii

Jan 4, 2011
Anybody on here got a vortex exhaust on there cupra? Or know what type to get to make the whhhhhshhhhhhh sound? What do people think the performance gain would be if fitted on a standard cupra

Dec 3, 2009
add a dump valve pal! ;) i'm guessing about 5-10 bhp for the exhaust.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Gains will be next to nothing for a cat-back, TB or de-cat is another matter.

I found that custom made ones make a nice sound.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
gains are minimal but are there with future modding.

However never heard any of them sound good. end of the day its a 1.4 so all of them will sound like 1.4 corsas and the like.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
gains are minimal but are there with future modding.

However never heard any of them sound good. end of the day its a 1.4 so all of them will sound like 1.4 corsas and the like.

This isn't true,some of them sound awesome....some do sound pure shite though

There's a vid of a yellow one,he's got the video cam on his boot lid and he accelerates through the gears.. It sounds great.

As said before you would gain next to nothing from a cat back but it will sound faster.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Hmm I'm not convinced you cannot disguise the lack of displacement. maybe we have different perceptions as to what sounds good.

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Sadly like Nutkin says, 1.4 = Fart in a bean can noise, never going to be that 2.0 ltr plus rumble, rumble and growl. As the man said though its each to their own and perceptions

Last edited:

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
the main problem with most of them is dampening with glass fibre so they really are trying to remove the resonance. but when people delete the center box they let it all back in and the fart noise returns.

Some acoustic perforation on the tailpipe could work but ill be dammed if im gonna pay to have my design made up.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members