ebay 3inch downpipe and decat ? Anyone bought one?

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Ordered it. Will my mechanic pal know what I'm on about when I tell him to fit a spacer?

P.s my ibiza came with a bolt in cage previously fitted to badger5's car what's the story with these. Is it worth much?

Cheers
Neil

ntrueman

Jul 17, 2007
I've just ordered one of these downpipe kits from eBay... spacing it out seems like a sensible idea!

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
Im doing the same thing but im using my 3" blueflame dp, having the 200 cell cat removed and flanges welded on, so i can have a removable cat/decat without having to take dp off

Is there enough space in the exhaust tunnel for vbands?

think so berg tunnel is fairley wide , they fitted in the tunnel on danny_lads lcr when i made his down pipe

Watson©

FKinDubs
Sep 29, 2011
Grangemouth/Scotland
www.fkindubs.com
To help some people out...

I have a ToyoSport decat, which is the exact same shape as the ebay ones.

Next to the standard downpipe....

IMG01852-20120713-1805.jpg

As you can see they do need modified, and with a bit of time and measuring you get something like this....

IMG01897-20120719-1504-1.jpg

:)

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
hmm read that extend by 40mm it clears well fitted mine and it does not plus it touching the exhaust tunnel by the gear lever :( so vibrates like a bitch , running it like this tomorrow to tatton park then tues its coming off and going to re fab it up

Watson©

FKinDubs
Sep 29, 2011
Grangemouth/Scotland
www.fkindubs.com
Sorry for the late reply... Not been on in a while.

Not sure off this sizes, as it was all made and measured up when it was on the car up on the ramps. Got it all tacked up, then removed to be welded up. The neck was cut at the bend and extended, flange removed and shorted and back lambda hole turned down more so it clears the underside channel with no problems. Fits perfectly centres and clears everything, so no rattles or vibrations at all :)

Ash jacko

cupra all the way
Apr 10, 2012
burton-on-trent
I brought on for mine had to extend the neck as well. biggest mistake I ever did buying one they r crap. It still vibrates now and is really bad when reversing. I would recommend to anyone to just bite the bullet and get a 2.5 inch miltec decat any day

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.