Has anyone mounted something where the ashtray is?

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I took my ashtray out today to reroute my hands free. I disconnected the cigarette lighter and got me thinking what I could mount there instead!

Has anyone done this with pictures?

Just got me thinking as there's power there already. Did think of a boost gauge but then thought twice as it would take eyes off the road!

Suggestions?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Sam mounted a vi performance gauge

38623020213539938351843.jpg

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I thought about a liquid gauge but don't wanna take my eyes off the road and it would have to fit as if it was meant to be there.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I might stick to my idea on barns rr

Some sort of tray that gathers ash from a tobacco based product lit with some 12v power supply concealed in said tray?

Why u think?

Dezeze

Jun 4, 2011
Swindon
I've got an exhaust temp gauge and oil pressure gauge mounted underneath, will try and put pics up but IPads arent my best!

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Yes my boost controller, but i then fitted the optional center console with the ashtray in it so i still have power i also have an extra power out put on the side of the console.

7774603362_ba8e45beba_b.jpg

halsall1987

Jul 22, 2012
Basingstoke
I'm looking at doing an iPhone dock inside where the stock ashtray is... Just bought a JVC AVX33 headunit with ipod connect, so planning on running the lead behind the ashtray so my iphone can be slid in bottom end first and connect, then the ashtray pushed closed hiding the iphone :)

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Seen someone put a boost gauge there
Looked pretty good

That was my first idea and I soon forgot about it as it was a stupid one IMO as you don't want to be looking down and taking your eyes off the road

I'm looking at doing an iPhone dock inside where the stock ashtray is... Just bought a JVC AVX33 headunit with ipod connect, so planning on running the lead behind the ashtray so my iphone can be slid in bottom end first and connect, then the ashtray pushed closed hiding the iphone :)

I was thinking that on the way home tonight in the van as I had my iPhone and fm transmitter on and it was just lay on the seat which gave me the idea for the 'R'

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Yes my boost controller, but i then fitted the optional center console with the ashtray in it so i still have power i also have an extra power out put on the side of the console.

7774603362_ba8e45beba_b.jpg

I'd like to see this and maybe have one when it's mapped to switch between stock, 95 99 etc

F3rAL

Samsung Galaxy Note

Not replaced ashtray with it but used it as a phone holder :) Looks OEM :D

photo1qli.jpg

photomry.jpg

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
I have fitted an ipod into the ashtray. It took a while to dremel out the existing plastic and rebuild to hold the ipod in place.

I would post a photo but don't have 15 posts yet :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

s1 evoloution

May 16, 2016
fitting a oil pressure and oil temperature gauge along with battery voltage are three gauges that keep you informed of your engine and electrical systems . i had a set in one of my cars best things ive ever
had.