LC180 with toyosport catback (vids)

blandycupra180

Fitted my new toyosport catback today, i looked around for ages to find a video of how it would sound when it arrived and couldnt find any so thought id post a few vids so you guys dont have the same problem, car is standard apart from 007p, jetex cone and now toyosport catback, cheers for looking :)

COPY AND PASTE LINK/watch?v=wtFVut3-QOU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

COPY AND PASTE LINK/watch?v=CgzIcYHrpSo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Add youtube.com before / couldnt post urls until 15posts but really wanted to get these up to show you, cheers James

Last edited by a moderator:

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Sounds nice mate, is it resonated or non? Im looking at getting a catback for my LC 180 just assessing the options just now. Whats the noise like at normal driving speeds? Im after something that isnt louder (well not much louder) than the stock one at normal pootling about speeds but has a bit of roar to it when you put the foot down.

blandycupra180

Sounds nice mate, is it resonated or non? Im looking at getting a catback for my LC 180 just assessing the options just now. Whats the noise like at normal driving speeds? Im after something that isnt louder (well not much louder) than the stock one at normal pootling about speeds but has a bit of roar to it when you put the foot down.

Id say the toyosport is exactly what you want mate be honest, it doesnt state on ebay whether its resonated or not but im assuming it is resonated because its hardly any different from standard at low revs, inside the cabin it sounds pretty much identical and im assuming outside noise isnt much different either, the only noticeable change is at high revs, its a bit louder and sounds more like a roar although some of that is probably induction noise, but yea go for it mate, at £189 on ebay its a bargain and well worth it in my opinion

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Hi, how much do these cobra systems cost out of interest? Sounds great that !

They are about £300 for a cat back system. Full works (LCR only) is about £600. Thinking about getting myself the resonated catback system as I dont want anything too loud, Im after something that looks good and has a nice roar on boost but is otherwise pretty quiet. Not too sure what to go for (my wallet doesnt want any of them ;))

blandycupra180

has it increased the power much do you reckon?

I dont think it has mate to be honest, if its done anything then id say the turbo feels like it spools up a lot earlier n easier, whether that means a power increase or not, im not sure, but its made for a smoother and more entertaining drive