Private Plate.....what do you think ?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
It goes well with the car but I don't see the point in spending £250+ for a plate that will have to be sold with the car unless you keep it or buy nothing but seats lol.

Get something with a bit more meaning like a name so that you can use it on any model car. I spent £250 all in for mine (well the wife did as a present lol) and personally I think it makes the car look that bit better lol.

Last edited:

20v roper

Dec 15, 2006
I've got A9 VUU on my vr6, was thinking of putting it on my cupra even though it's irrelevant car wise, but I kind of like showing how old my car is rather than trying to hide it's age, in my case my cupra is a 51 reg.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
VW 5lEAT is on DVLA (...actually, there's still loads of 5lEAT numbers)

TBH, I don't think S33EAT is obvious enough .... you could have E1 5EAT for less

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Hey you got me thinking

J*****N for £250 from DVLA, reads JP'S LEON (my initials)

Admin, can you delete this post of mine (3 posts up) or edit it as now that plate comes up in a google search :censored:
anyone know an admin i can PM ?

would like it like this but think its illegal spacing, police puller or MOT failure ?
privateplatefinal1.jpg

most likely the legal way
privateplatefinal2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Really wouldn't worry about plates online some one can clone your plate from driving on the road

ive got that plate now so didnt want it coming up in a google search tbh. might contact google then

not worried about plate cloning,just didnt want so much info about my car available on the internet just from a google number plate search

Last edited:

LongmanLCR

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Does anyone know how you'd go about selling a private plate?

I bought my LCR with a plate that basically says LEON R, do you have to do anything special or just stick it up on the bay?

LongmanLCR

You need to put it on retention, but this will be in your name.
It costs £25 to change the nominee on it, when tht person buys it and takes a couple of weeks to come back in the new persons name.

Thanks for the info mate, had a look and I need to give Swansea £105 notes to put it on retention, then I'll have a go at selling it!