Weedy Leon Horn

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Yep it's crap.. I fitted a twin 1100db PIAA sports horn behind the grilles used the existing wires ten min job, would you like a tutorial if I have time at weekend?

B19 DJC

Jul 22, 2012
Hertfordshire
Stylance,

A tutorial would be much appreciated, and a link to the horn you fitted would be great too?

Thanks,

Dan.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Yes, Tutorial please. I am ashamed to press the horn! When someone pisses me off on the road I try and avoid beeping now because they probably laugh as it isn't very "angry"

Deleted member 74601

Definitely a tutorial. The horn reminds me of a stupidly queer man shouting "FAAAAABULLLOOUUUUUUSSSS"

F3rAL

I fitted dual tone air horn I bought from bootsale for £5 :) Everybody can hear me when I'm not happy and nobody is laughing :)

chigz

Hi,
Just bought a new Leon, and the horn died the first time I pressed it! Think it might have been due to the valet. From all your posts its seems like it s a good thing it died anyway! Has this tutorial been posted anywhere?
thanks

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Sorry

Hello all, sorry I have not had time to sort the horn guide yet, had alot of other issues with leo, but I will do this ASAP, If anyones near Ashford Kent I'd do it for ya.

If your itching to do this then...
Here's the horn to buy (I'd recommend) 180443171256 <- eBay number.
PIAA dual sports horn.

Removing the bumper
Now you'll have to remove you front bumper, mine is the K1 bumper and has two screw in the wheel arch either side and around 6 just above the grile(the one under the bonnet) next you will have to unbolt the bumper from the belly pan/under tray 4-6 bolts. Then the bumper must unclip from two "block" type things basically tug it evenly on both sides of the bumper half way up. Hey presto.

Removing old horn
Okay so now stand infront of your bumper less Leon and you should be able to see your little horn on your right hand side infront of the wheel arch. Now unplug to two clips from your horn, and now if you have the double horn you will have to daisy chain from one horn to another, ensure you trace back which on out of the two is a earth when cutting the old horn off, I found both to be positive but I still earthed on anyway,

That is the basics but I will do a pictured less words walk threw with everything you need, but will take my new on off and refit(neatly) lol

andycupra

status subject to change
Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.