What next after Cupra

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
really?
thats suprising?
that using the same company?

Yep. The policy would have been identical with Adrian Flux.

They blamed the value. I pointed out the TTS was only £5k more than I paid for my Cupra.

Going to look at trackers and see what that does to the premium. I'd rather pay for an expensive tracker which will increase the cars value than spunk it on insurance.

Building a fort knox like garage is my other option!

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Yep. The policy would have been identical with Adrian Flux.

They blamed the value. I pointed out the TTS was only £5k more than I paid for my Cupra.

Going to look at trackers and see what that does to the premium. I'd rather pay for an expensive tracker which will increase the cars value than spunk it on insurance.

Building a fort knox like garage is my other option!

insurance is very hit and miss !

its daft it has the same engine so must be to do with the nickable factor?
but i thought most nicked cars were smash and grab from houses now or have i missed something?

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
insurance is very hit and miss !

its daft it has the same engine so must be to do with the nickable factor?
but i thought most nicked cars were smash and grab from houses now or have i missed something?

After much ringing around I've got 2 much, much better quotes - but for a standard car.

Cheapest modified is still 2x what I'm paying on the Cupra. :shrug:

Still going to look at trackers and driving courses to see what can be done.

I do know of a few people that have been followed home for their Leons. I also know a couple that had both their Audi's knicked off their driveway within a week of each other - both times the thieves broke in.

Last edited:

Lawsie26

I did notice one brief mention, and wondered if it was maybe a swear word round these parts, but impreza sti? It's simply stunning in the corners, 19mpg isn't clever, and it's been smacked about with the ugly stick, but....... Think everyone has to own one for a wee while

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
cant believe that its hardly ever mentioned on here but the press go mad for them, the megane cup 265 (and the opposite to the RS which nearly always produces less than their quoted power on the rollers the meganes consistantly produce more) they easily handle their standard power and run circles round the opposition (even more so than the VXR according to EVO)

The interiors and seats are spot on and they are just as tuneable

Stage 1 Ktec being 290-295bhp but limited by their turbos past that.

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
Mazda 3 has been mentioned a few times aswell on threads. Dont you fancy hanging on for the new focus ST? the new 2 ltr ecoboost engine is supposed to be quite tuneable and about 5k cheaper than the new VXR

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
cant believe that its hardly ever mentioned on here but the press go mad for them, the megane cup 265 (and the opposite to the RS which nearly always produces less than their quoted power on the rollers the meganes consistantly produce more) they easily handle their standard power and run circles round the opposition (even more so than the VXR according to EVO)

The interiors and seats are spot on and they are just as tuneable

Stage 1 Ktec being 290-295bhp but limited by their turbos past that.

Well I need to disagree with the new megane cup I've used my brothers which is running 322bhp tuned by RS tuning and apart from it handled well the leather seats had very little padding the rife was bone crashing and it is much slower than a stage 1 cupra.
A different type of power and a big no no as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
havent been in the megane but all reviews state that the megane has a far better ride than the Focus RS, new VXR etc. Where the seats the Recaros? their the same as the ones in the ford and have been praised again in all the reviews ive read.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah the seats are Recaros and great for short bursts.
To be honest I read the review in auto express and it praised the car so much.
In my opinion it's not a true likeness of the car.
He likes it and thinks its rapid that's all the matters.

Sent from my iPhone

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
I do like the interiors especially for a french car and i do think its more pleasant then the Leon/Focus/Astra but cant compete obviously with the build qual of Audi and VW but i quite like the design, swoopy and simple

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
sold my cupra 3 months ago and looked at most of the cars listed in this thread,ive decided to buy a 530d m sport and am picking it up next week,will see how i get on with that,a lot more grown up but i fancied a change and got a good price....http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largepic.asp?i=4050319&noPics=9&imgsrv=1&current=3&make=BMW&model=E605SERIES&trade=0

I can't see how new your car is, but the theft issue on BMW is putting me right off.
There is a page on piston heads where people post stolen cars and it's frightening reading for BMW owners :-(

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Yeah ive heard about this but there taking the newer top end models so i should be ok,will be looking into extra security steering and or gear lock a but as its an 56 it should be ok...

Last edited:

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
Nice lump of torque in that especially if it's mapped. Do you not think you'll get bored wallowing around in a big comfy saloon though? My friend has a 520, very nice place to be and very comfy but personally, I'm not ready for that sort of car yet.

Looks nice though!!

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Nice lump of torque in that especially if it's mapped. Do you not think you'll get bored wallowing around in a big comfy saloon though? My friend has a 520, very nice place to be and very comfy but personally, I'm not ready for that sort of car yet.

Looks nice though!!

Cheers im not sure how ill get on with it tbh,totally different to what my norm has always been....I know a few of the lads down the pub are running a book on how long ill keep it:lol: but only time will tell certainly feels right now but will have to see what its like when in everyday use.And i never thought id be ready for this type of car either but i think something strange has happened to me since i passed 40:cry: or it could be the grandaughter on the way thats done it and ive caught old man syndrome

Jan 31, 2011
ipswich/banbury
Bmw 1 series? Got a decent spread of engines to choose from, from the rapid 23d to the 135. Mate replaced his mountune stage 2 RS wit h a standard 135 coupe and has no regrets. I think the 3 door hatch looks ok aswell

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

123d coupe doesnt actually give great fuel economy , if you go on the baby bmw forums , they are talking about avaerages in high to mid 40's
so i would rather stick with petrol tbh

other thing with the 1 series is everything is an option , i looked trying to find the spec i wanted and its almost impossible for a used car.

im seriously considering a roc R

very nice interior and prices not too bad at the mo.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.