steering issue?

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
Looking for some help as I cant figure out whats wrong with the Leon.seems to be when I ve ran the car for half hour or more I get this crackin/groaning type noise which am sure is through the steering.I can hear this noise while driving normally at low speeds but particularly when I get half way thru full lock turning right.i dont seem to get this happening while turning left though.am pretty sure its not a drive shaft as its not the same noise (i ve had a broken drive shaft on my golf) and there's no noise at high speed or iratating whining like a wheel bearing gone.was thinking it could maybe be steering joint or rack maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated as its annoying the crap out of me.

Also had the car at different garages and had different things fixed but no one can find the problem

Cheers....callum

Russler

Nov 27, 2011
Reading
I dont have an answer but i do have similar issues...i have been advise that the sterring column on the leon is weak and can cause a knocky feel through the wheel and also bizarre noises when turning...i have relaced arb bushes, top mounts and wishbone bushes to no avail and its driving me nuts as it is also screwing my tracking up!

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
Ye I replaced the top mounts last week and the front wish bones a wee while ago but their fine as I avoid pot holes and bumps like the plague.steerg column? Man that doesn't sound good!!!! The thing is it handles fine on the road you cant feel any vibrations or anything.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.