Headlamp Washer Jets

Chris16v

Hi Guys

My Leon FR has headlamp washer jets, How do I get them to operate?

Stupid question I know!

Tried using the front and back windscreen wash with lights on and off they dont seem to want to come out ?

Thanks

Chris

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
They should work when you use the washers with the headlights on (every third time I think).

Have you checked the fuse, no.36 (20A) at the end of the dashboard.

Chris16v

They should work when you use the washers with the headlights on (every third time I think).

Have you checked the fuse, no.36 (20A) at the end of the dashboard.

When you say (every third time) meaning you have applied the windscreen washer jets three times with the headlights on ? Iv not tried three times nor have I looked at fuse no. 36.

Thanks dude! :)

Erijaso

Jan 24, 2005
Make suree they are not stuck. One of mine was and I had to pull it out with my finger nails a few times to come out.

And as per above, its around the 3rd time it happens. Lights on, long pull your front washers 3 times and hey presto you will hear a slight different noise and its the front washers spraying.

G

Chris16v

Make suree they are not stuck. One of mine was and I had to pull it out with my finger nails a few times to come out.

And as per above, its around the 3rd time it happens. Lights on, long pull your front washers 3 times and hey presto you will hear a slight different noise and its the front washers spraying.

G

Thanks.... Not seen my car for a week its parked at my office as im a field engineer so soon as im back il try that :)

thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The washer jets freeze up in the winter and this overloads the pump motor, the fuse blows and they then stop working until the fuse is replaced. Fuse no 36 rings a bell.

Last edited:

JonnyF

Jan 4, 2012
As said above check the fuse, mine squirt the first time and then it's ages until they go again. It's at least 10+.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.